• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree question: Detroit Trolley Collection???

39 posts in this topic

I'm sure that CGC didn't consider it a pedigree because the collection did not contain enough keys, high grade and breadth of material but it's held in high esteem by those in the know. Very cool story and always nice to find a pile of OO books that have stood the test of time.

R.

hey louise, check that green dress! hey sha', check that purple!!

amazingadventure1.jpg

Billy Parker, Louise says ;)

Marnin Rosenberg from www.collectorsassemble.com brought the collection to market. He has them all archived on his site.

These are my Trolley books. Both from the same month and likely sat side by side on the newsstand.

:cloud9:

ActionComics22Frontgd.jpg

MarvelMysteryComics54_5DetroitTroll.jpg

I'm not finding my Detroit Trolley MF67 CGC Universal 5.0 that I just picked up from Rick on Marnin's website archives. hm

Could it be somewhere else and/or are some books just not on the site???

collin, tell me it wasn't you who erased the "L." it had one back when marnin sold it.

That is definitely NOT the same book. Look at the rest of it (bottom right, the wrap on the spine, etc. - look at the yellow wrap on Lantern's leg on the top, totally missing from the bottom copy).

I agree, doesn't look like the same book

collin, tell me it wasn't you who erased the "L." it had one back when marnin sold it.

That is definitely NOT the same book. Look at the rest of it (bottom right, the wrap on the spine, etc. - look at the yellow wrap on Lantern's leg on the top, totally missing from the bottom copy).

may not be the same in this case, but the Detroit copy has been slabbed and still is - I believe.

may not be the same in this case, but the Detroit copy has been slabbed and still is - I believe.

the 2 books shown are definitely 2 different copies of the same issue. I was the original purchaser of the Trolley AA21 from Marnin......never touched the "L", had it slabbed / sold it thru eBay to a fellow Boardie some time ago....

I'm not finding my Detroit Trolley MF67 CGC Universal 5.0 that I just picked up from Rick on Marnin's website archives. hm

there are actually several missing from the archives...likely that marnin has not had time to get them updated yet...but rest 100% assured, it is the trolley copy (thumbs u

correct...the 21 collin has might have been bought from marnin (he offers other GA ,etc) but it is not the trolley copy (thumbs u

correct...the 21 collin has might have been bought from marnin (he offers other GA ,etc) but it is not the trolley copy (thumbs u

Well it sure sounded as if Collin thinks it is. Hope this is not bad news for him to hear. :(

Hey! I got a Trolley book! And no scan of it. :sorry:

Here's a photo I took when it arrived from Socratic Wonder (ignore the book on the right):

100_4073.jpg

The inks on that book are sick, very nice. The book on the right is ok I guess.

:)

:cloud9:

05580.jpg

Nope...not me...but this makes me wonder if my copy is the trolley copy as they look a bit different. I bought it from a well respected boardie, so I'll have to ask a question or two.

So my purchase apparently wasn't the Trolley copy..... :sorry::frustrated:

Still a very nice book...but dang.

My Mistake.....what's the INT collection?

All-American 21 (classic cover) raw 7.5 no resto. From the 'int" collection. Off-White pages.

there are actually several missing from the archives...likely that marnin has not had time to get them updated yet...but rest 100% assured, it is the trolley copy (thumbs u

Hey Big R, I never doubted it, just confirming the details of Marnin's website regarding the entire collection. P.S. I can't wait 'til Tuesday morning! :applause:

mf67-1.jpg

All-American 21 (classic cover) raw 7.5 no resto. From the 'int" collection. Off-White pages.

I thought that looked like my old copy... I got it from Ed Jaster back in the late 90s, Ciorac got it from me.

I thought that looked like my old copy... I got it from Ed Jaster back in the late 90s, Ciorac got it from me.

yep...I'm getting senile and I'm way too young for that :lol: