• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-NM-9-6_W0QQitemZ170281355746QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Who is actually paying this much money?

Are they slabbing this book? If so what will it actually grade as?

and once more for posterity............Who is actually paying this much money?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-NM-9-6_W0QQitemZ170281355746QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh man !! I can't believe I'm still the high bidder on this book .... :acclaim:

:jokealert:

I just don't get where all of the positive feedback comes from. And who can just commit to spending that much money through ebay like that and not do an in person deal for that kind of cash.

That is like ordering a car off of a car commercial without taking it for a test drive before you buy it.

A sucker.

Possibly.

PLOD <9.6

To paraphrase Tom Waits, there's a sucker born every minute. He just happened to come by at the right time.

I wonder if his name is Mark?

quick story-

1 yr ago or so I did not know about robojo........anyways I got suckered in and he told me to get him a want list. i got a few emails back and forth and I found out he was based on Long Island. I asked for better scans and he told me that the books were at his house in the hamptons and that he was at his work house. Anyways I asked if we could meet at a public location wherever he wanted on Long Island to possibly do a deal. (I know sounds sketchy, but I have still done this before and have actually met some pretty cool people from this) anyways it was around that time that he felt it was no longer worthwhile to talk to me. He moved on and luckily so did I.

quick story-

1 yr ago or so I did not know about robojo........anyways I got suckered in and he told me to get him a want list. i got a few emails back and forth and I found out he was based on Long Island. I asked for better scans and he told me that the books were at his house in the hamptons and that he was at his work house. Anyways I asked if we could meet at a public location wherever he wanted on Long Island to possibly do a deal. (I know sounds sketchy, but I have still done this before and have actually met some pretty cool people from this) anyways it was around that time that he felt it was no longer worthwhile to talk to me. He moved on and luckily so did I.

That's what you call a close call!

Wow, its because of people like this guy that a membership to the boards is so valuable. I can certainly put a value on some of my favorite comics, but trying to add up the possible times I could have been duped by these type of people is impossible. Always come to the boards first! All I can say is thank you all for what it is you do...make me a much smarter comic book collector...

Two years ago in Philadelphia a guy came by Ted VanLiew's table talking about the "unbelievable" high grade books he was scoring -- off ebay. Ted was asking him a few questions and then asked if he had professionally graded yet and he said he hadn't. Then he asked whether the guy remembered the seller's name. When he said, comic-keys, Ted's face winced and he gave the guy the low down. The guy looked shocked, dejected and sad. He also said he spent over $60k in those auctions. Think that guy stuck around as a comic collector?

Two years ago in Philadelphia a guy came by Ted VanLiew's table talking about the "unbelievable" high grade books he was scoring -- off ebay. Ted was asking him a few questions and then asked if he had professionally graded yet and he said he hadn't. Then he asked whether the guy remembered the seller's name. When he said, comic-keys, Ted's face winced and he gave the guy the low down. The guy looked shocked, dejected and sad. He also said he spent over $60k in those auctions. Think that guy stuck around as a comic collector?

Jeebus. :whatthe:

Holy...guys like this guy should be strung up...is there no way to get your money back if this happens to you?

what's the low-down on comic-keys?, i havent heard of him.

Did you guys see the FF 45 9.4/9.6 Roboj just sold to someone for $700? Wonder what that will grade at???

comic-keys/Roboj - same person :devil:

From what I'm getting out of the board discussions, this guy is selling alot of restored books as unrestored and people aren't finding this out until they/if they submit them for grading. Just brings up bad memories for me of an X-men 94 I bought off of the bay a few years ago...lucky for that guy he disappeared from the bay...

i got a recent pic of danny boy. :gossip::o

Recent or decent?

recent as in like within the past year, as for decent? never. looks like he had some work done on his face. :screwy::roflmao:

Let's see it then!