• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

I just don't get where all of the positive feedback comes from. And who can just commit to spending that much money through ebay like that and not do an in person deal for that kind of cash.

That is like ordering a car off of a car commercial without taking it for a test drive before you buy it.

Because some people just aren't willing to educate themselves, some people would rather eat it than complain, some people are not that bright, any combination thereof.....

you also have to take in to consideration that most of his customers are not going to send these in to cgc and will never detect resto even if it is there. Therefore he could make money with this guarentee.

It's actually the other way around. Most buy raw high grade to submit.

And believe it or not, I've read it explained here right on CGC's forum that the only reason why the overwhelming majority of my submissions are returned with blue labels is because CGC is missing "my restoration work".

I just don't get where all of the positive feedback comes from. And who can just commit to spending that much money through ebay like that and not do an in person deal for that kind of cash.

That is like ordering a car off of a car commercial without taking it for a test drive before you buy it.

Because some people just aren't willing to educate themselves, some people would rather eat it than complain, some people are not that bright, any combination thereof.....

He also shills most of his auctions to get the most $$$ for his books. Hence the private auctions.

Also, when he wins a few of them he automatically applies for a ebay credit for non paying bidder. And when ebay is not looking, he'll leave himself positive feedback describing his accurate grading skills. meh

what seems to be sheer folly is the fact that you have these GEMS, for example, an Amazing Spider-man 2 in NM+ condition, apparently unrestored, and you are willing to sell it for a fraction of what it is worth because you don't want to wait 20 business days for it to come back from cgc. All I'm saying is, if I had these books and I knew them to be unrestored, I sure as heck would be trying to maximize their value by sending them in to a grading company.

Or maybe you are pretty confident it will not come back a blue labeled 9.6

So although raw eBay sellers do not guarantee CGC grades, I'm to be held to that implauible standard of guaranteering numerical grades on every listing?

To be fair, I think that would be unrealistic, but if you'd care to wager on the ASM #2...

I already did pose a wager. On it being unrestored. I was wrongly accused of listing a restored comic as unrestored. Nobody seems to want any part of backing up that accusation and accepting my wager. Not even the one(s) that made the accusations or commented on it. The gears were switched fairly quickly when I made that wager to a proposed wager that no seller of a raw comic in their right mind would make.

Dude! I can understand that with a restoration guarantee clearly stated in your auction, you aren't going to gain much by trying to sell restored books; no interest here in wagering purely based on restored / unrestored. Please humor me... Would you be willing to wager $5K, where you win if it comes back unrestored 9.6 or better and other party wins if it comes back 9.4 or lower. This bet is clearly stacked in your favor IF you truly believe it is an unrestored 9.6... Plus if you win, that should silence some of the skeptics, right?

I don't bet. To me, the wager that the AS 2 is unrestored is a sure thing. I wouldn't wager my hard earned money if I thought I stood even an infinitesmal chance of losing. I'm not a gambler. Submission is gambling. You just don't know. I can't wager on the outcome where chance plays a major part on the result. I know what it should grade, but I can't guarantee if it will grade a particular number, and I won't wager if I stand a chance to lose.

by this way of thinking you would not bet on whether the ASM 2 was restored or not either. CGC has made a few mistakes in detecting resto and have even made PLODs out of OO books.

And IMO they have on some of the submisions of my books as well, which I have documented on this forum already. Nothing I'm stating is new. I've stated it all before.

I've had a total of 5 returns for purple labels. All under $200 comics except for one. Of the 5, I know that two were false positives, one wasn't conclusive either way, so I resold it as restored, and two others definitely were. This was over a year ago. In the past year (Feb, 2008 through Feb 2009) none of my unrestored listings have been returned purple. My detection has gotten that good and in alignment with CGC.

There's nothing on the AS #2 that might generate a false positive. I have supreme confidence in their calling it as I see it.

Also, they are correct about the AS #121 in the "My blue label was returned in a PLOD" thread. You can't judge trim from a scan definitively, but that back cover on the left side sure looks trimmed to me. If it isn't trimmed, I sure can see how and why it generated a false positive.

Just 2 more questions before I go to bed,

1) what is your response to comicgrinders accusations?

2) why do you think everyone here thinks you are a shady seller? why out of the thousands of sellers of comics would everyone single out you?

you also have to take in to consideration that most of his customers are not going to send these in to cgc and will never detect resto even if it is there. Therefore he could make money with this guarentee.

It's actually the other way around. Most buy raw high grade to submit.

And believe it or not, I've read it explained here right on CGC's forum that the only reason why the overwhelming majority of my submissions are returned with blue labels is because CGC is missing "my restoration work".

Your work is very amateur and easily spotted. :gossip:

Nice spin though. (thumbs u

Submitting comics into cgc is not like gambling, btw. They don't just randomly assign grades to books. If you have "chops" as a grader than you have a very good chance of having a very good idea of what those books are going to come back as. Look at pros like Matt Nelson, do you think he is "gambling" when he sends books in to cgc?

Matt has a long history of submission and a working relationship with CGC. IMO, his chancesare better of garnering a record breaking grade than a casual submittor.

Like I stated, if I see a lng enough list of sellers who guarantee CGC grades on raw listings, I may seriously consider foing the impossible as well and guaranteeing CGC grades.

Where is that list?

2) why do you think everyone here thinks you are a shady seller? why out of the thousands of sellers of comics would everyone single out you?

:gossip: they're not accusations...they are proof positive...nothing but hard evidence proving one thing.

Accusations..NO

FACTS

Like I've stated many times. I rent office space from RK. Also, I've made no secret about meeting him many years ago as he and I are both avid bowlers and participated in the same league. He introduced me to comics and I have had dealings with him, as I have also stated before.

Although Richard is no longer in the comic business and has nothing to do with the day to day operation of the corp., the corp. was easy to set it up that way, in my name, but with the office address that I was renting and the owner of the home as the owner of the property.

It was never changed because it wasn't necessary. On all accounts, I am the sole operator.

It's not set up in your name, it lists Richard Koos as the CEO. :gossip:

You can't list yourself as the CEO cause Perry Stroud does't exist in the state of New York. (tsk)

But, anyone can make up a dummy corporation and have an attorney file the papers for him. The only catch is that you have to actually list a real person as the CEO. (thumbs u

That's were your mother's companion Richard Koos comes into play.

Nice try Danny! :golfclap:

Absolutely incorrect and this has been discussed to death before.

:gossip: they're not accusations...they are proof positive...nothing but hard evidence proving one thing.

Accusations..NO

FACTS

bad choice of words - still waiting for the response... :popcorn:

Like I've stated many times. I rent office space from RK. Also, I've made no secret about meeting him many years ago as he and I are both avid bowlers and participated in the same league. He introduced me to comics and I have had dealings with him, as I have also stated before.

Although Richard is no longer in the comic business and has nothing to do with the day to day operation of the corp., the corp. was easy to set it up that way, in my name, but with the office address that I was renting and the owner of the home as the owner of the property.

It was never changed because it wasn't necessary. On all accounts, I am the sole operator.

It's not set up in your name, it lists Richard Koos as the CEO. :gossip:

You can't list yourself as the CEO cause Perry Stroud does't exist in the state of New York. (tsk)

But, anyone can make up a dummy corporation and have an attorney file the papers for him. The only catch is that you have to actually list a real person as the CEO. (thumbs u

That's were your mother's companion Richard Koos comes into play.

Nice try Danny! :golfclap:

Absolutely incorrect and this has been discussed to death before.

The NYS Department of State Division of Corporation Entity Information form speaks for itself. :gossip:

Hello Mr. ComicKing aka Robojo33 the seller with the most famous NM+ raw marvel silver age collection on ebay.

I have also asked you several times before on these forums. What is your real name again? and legit mailing address?

Why do you have a feedback on ebay that states- Seller cracks slabs of lower grade books then resells advertised at a higher grade? Apparently you are famous for something else besides restoration.

How do you keep getting all of these "gems"? Some collectors look for lifetimes to uncover the amount of stuff you got. And you dont even have a comic shop.....just and "office" that is "rented" from an identity you are accused of being.

I sincerely feel bad for the soul that pays 7-8K for that asm 2 and then subs it for it only to recieve and 8.5/8.0

I'm glad you asked about that particular feedback.

It was left for me by DonutsDad.

DonutsDad ordered 6 times. He was never satisfied with anything, returning orders 6 times. Each time I refunded his postage both ways, so he wasn't out a dime on any of the 6 orders.

I should have, but I never blocked him from bidding on my listings. Makes sense, right? If a buyer can't be satisfied, yet keeps ordering and keeps sending the item back, what's the point.

So the last comic we dealt on that generated his negative was an AS #37 NM-/NM. He bid and won it and I sent him an AS #37 that had been graded CGC 9.2!

He receives it and writes that I have a helluva' lot of nerve sending him a book that CGC wouldn't even grade 7.5!

He took it to some dealer and they both graded it 7.0. So I wrote him and sent the attachment of the CGC 9.2 label that came with it and stated, "7.0!? I actually sent you a CGC 9.2. A $700 book (at the time) for $400, just to see if you could possibly be satisfied with anything you purchase from me.

Bing, within 10 minutes I had my negative.. seller cracks CGC books, which is what he read on this forum, so he unloaded as he wrote me after I asked him very nicely why he would neg me, he stated, "to do you the most possible harm he could to my rep", I still have the email, and all for sending him a $2000 book for $400.

Did I say $2000? Yes I did.

From my feedback January 28th:

***graded the same at cgc! the only seller on ebay that i'll buy raw from. Buyer: elite.custom.classics ( 8 ) Jan-28-09 21:30

Reply by robojo33 (Jan-28-09 23:20):

AS#37 NM- 9.2 $377 2NDchance.CGCed 9.4! please see my 11/30 accusatory negative!

When DonutsDad (92.5% feedback) told me he was sending it back for a refund (including his postage both ways), I offered it on second chance to the underbidder.

I fully explained the situation to the underbidder and made clear that this was formerly a CGC 9.2 and the buyer was dissatisfied. The underbidder took it on second chance for $377, loved it, sent it for grading, and it came back 9.4 Blue.

What' the going rate thi month on an AS #37 9.4? About $2000?

Hello Mr. ComicKing aka Robojo33 the seller with the most famous NM+ raw marvel silver age collection on ebay.

I have also asked you several times before on these forums. What is your real name again? and legit mailing address?

Why do you have a feedback on ebay that states- Seller cracks slabs of lower grade books then resells advertised at a higher grade? Apparently you are famous for something else besides restoration.

How do you keep getting all of these "gems"? Some collectors look for lifetimes to uncover the amount of stuff you got. And you dont even have a comic shop.....just and "office" that is "rented" from an identity you are accused of being.

I sincerely feel bad for the soul that pays 7-8K for that asm 2 and then subs it for it only to recieve and 8.5/8.0

I'm glad you asked about that particular feedback.

It was left for me by DonutsDad.

DonutsDad ordered 6 times. He was never satisfied with anything, returning orders 6 times. Each time I refunded his postage both ways, so he wasn't out a dime on any of the 6 orders.

I should have, but I never blocked him from bidding on my listings. Makes sense, right? If a buyer can't be satisfied, yet keeps ordering and keeps sending the item back, what's the point.

So the last comic we dealt on that generated his negative was an AS #37 NM-/NM. He bid and won it and I sent him an AS #37 that had been graded CGC 9.2!

He receives it and writes that I have a helluva' lot of nerve sending him a book that CGC wouldn't even grade 7.5!

He took it to some dealer and they both graded it 7.0. So I wrote him and sent the attachment of the CGC 9.2 label that came with it and stated, "7.0!? I actually sent you a CGC 9.2. A $700 book (at the time) for $400, just to see if you could possibly be satisfied with anything you purchase from me.

Bing, within 10 minutes I had my negative.. seller cracks CGC books, which is what he read on this forum, so he unloaded as he wrote me after I asked him very nicely why he would neg me, he stated, "to do you the most possible harm he could to my rep", I still have the email, and all for sending him a $2000 book for $400.

Did I say $2000? Yes I did.

From my feedback January 28th:

***graded the same at cgc! the only seller on ebay that i'll buy raw from. Buyer: elite.custom.classics ( 8 ) Jan-28-09 21:30

Reply by robojo33 (Jan-28-09 23:20):

AS#37 NM- 9.2 $377 2NDchance.CGCed 9.4! please see my 11/30 accusatory negative!

When DonutsDad (92.5% feedback) told me he was sending it back for a refund (including his postage both ways), I offered it on second chance to the underbidder.

I fully explained the situation to the underbidder and made clear that this was formerly a CGC 9.2 and the buyer was dissatisfied. The underbidder took it on second chance for $377, loved it, sent it for grading, and it came back 9.4 Blue.

What' the going rate thi month on an AS #37 9.4? About $2000?

I wanted to double post this so it's not missed as these are the type of "questionable" busines practices that go unnoticed when I'm discussed.