• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

Hello Mr. ComicKing aka Robojo33 the seller with the most famous NM+ raw marvel silver age collection on ebay.

I have also asked you several times before on these forums. What is your real name again? and legit mailing address?

This guy must take members on this board for insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. Anyone, and I mean anyone with a brain in their heads would slab books like this if in the grade touted. If I could get two,three or more times the money on the flip, I sure as hell wouldnt mind waiting to get these books back, since you have a semmingly endless supply of them anyway, week after week. And answer NYCOMICS question. What is your name?

DRX

His name is Danny Stephen Dupcak. :gossip:

I wonder what he thinks his name is?

I think its unrealistic to hold him to a specific grade. Many people who sell raw books will do this and it could be plus or minus atleast .2

I'd be more concerned if it was restored or not. We'd need to see hi rez scans of the book pictured in auction before submission so we'd know it was the same book.

I don't think it is unrealistic at all to hold a seller to delivering what they are advertising. This really isn't the issue though is it? What this guy probably does is overgrade on purpose. He doesn't make mistakes on grading and therefore should not be held responsible for the grade he advertises. Thats Bull. He most likely buys comics priced and graded at 8.0 and sells them at 9.6s. Half of the buyers are happy because they are new to the hobby. The other half complains and he gives them a full refund or a substantial partial refund so they leave him positive feedback. We've heard stories of him cracking slabs that have very high eye appeal that were hammered on stains or something and selling them as HG. This isn't hard to accomplish btw - I had a FF36 that looked VF+ but was graded 5.5 because of a stain. I sold it as a 5.5. He would have cracked it and sold it at 9.2/9.4 or something.

Anyways, I dont have any personal experience with him so this all just stuff I've read on the boards. But I'd say the cgc boards is the most knowledgable group of collectors/dealers in the industry and if the consensus is he's not to be trusted, then he's not to be trusted. There is a reason he has been singled out from the thousands of others selling comics honestly.

IMO I'd have to say there is a larger chance of the asm 2 coming back a purple label then a blue 9.6.

classic posturing....

I just wish someone would delete all the impage posts of dupecake as I'm gonna lose my lunch.

or at least photoshop him out or send the image with 12 year olds to DFYS.

crack and sell, crack and sell....wonder what the #2 ASM really was prior to his listing.

7.0 might be the lowest but who knows.

So pretty much you guys are saying that chances are this ASM #2 is restored? Would probably be a good idea to email some of his winners and see if they got burned, especially the winner of this auction.

I have yet to read up on this guy, will get around to it later.

They're implying alot of things, but the chances that this AS 2 will be returned with a purple label are so negligible that I would be willing to pull the listing now and we can set up a wager as to the Blue or purple labeled outcome of this comic.

It would be quite easy to set up. I trust Mark Zaid, as you ll do. I do not know him, but I know who he is.

If they can cover a $5000 wager, I'll give three to one odds, my $15,000 against your combined $5000 that the #2, or any other comic I am offering as unrestored, will return from CGC with a blue label.

You could ask Mr. Zaid if he'd submit the #2, which I would send to him, I'll also send him a $15,000 wire which he can hold, and you all can pool your $5,000 and send your end of the wager to him to hold as well. Then he'll submit the comic, I'll pay for express grading and cover all his expenses for postage as well, and when the comic is returned to him, he'll either send my $15,000 to the pool of bettors or send me the book back and your $5,000. Meaning you each get $4.00 back for every $1 you wagered! If this comic is restored, this should be a very easy score for all pool bettors.

My money is firmly behind my restoration detection ability and committment to full disclosure. Do we have a wager?

Yeesh, how did I get dragged into this!!! :o

What would my cut be? hmmeh

So pretty much you guys are saying that chances are this ASM #2 is restored? Would probably be a good idea to email some of his winners and see if they got burned, especially the winner of this auction.

I have yet to read up on this guy, will get around to it later.

They're implying alot of things, but the chances that this AS 2 will be returned with a purple label are so negligible that I would be willing to pull the listing now and we can set up a wager as to the Blue or purple labeled outcome of this comic.

It would be quite easy to set up. I trust Mark Zaid, as you ll do. I do not know him, but I know who he is.

If they can cover a $5000 wager, I'll give three to one odds, my $15,000 against your combined $5000 that the #2, or any other comic I am offering as unrestored, will return from CGC with a blue label.

You could ask Mr. Zaid if he'd submit the #2, which I would send to him, I'll also send him a $15,000 wire which he can hold, and you all can pool your $5,000 and send your end of the wager to him to hold as well. Then he'll submit the comic, I'll pay for express grading and cover all his expenses for postage as well, and when the comic is returned to him, he'll either send my $15,000 to the pool of bettors or send me the book back and your $5,000. Meaning you each get $4.00 back for every $1 you wagered! If this comic is restored, this should be a very easy score for all pool bettors.

My money is firmly behind my restoration detection ability and committment to full disclosure. Do we have a wager?

Yeesh, how did I get dragged into this!!! :o

What would my cut be? hmmeh

33 1/3 :gossip: Plus disbursements.

classic posturing....

I just wish someone would delete all the impage posts of dupecake as I'm gonna lose my lunch.

crack and sell, crack and sell....wonder what the #2 ASM really was prior to his listing.

exactly, and the reason he KNOWS it's not restored is because his "bullet proof restoration detection" is actually cracking 7.0 blue label slabs. CGC already did the resto detection for him. :roflmao:

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.

Ah and I just saw on the GL 40 the high bidders ID is kept private. I guess thats so we cant alert the poor to a restored book. Of course robo gives a full refund if it comes back restored. :D

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.
All I can say is :acclaim:

Ooooh, Robojo....how I hate thee. I bought an ASM #129, an IF #14, and others from you before I found this board. Don't kid yourself, you're a spooning crook. If you had any sort of conscience, you'd never get a wink of sleep. Your whole business model is based on paying off dissatisfied bidders, so they won't neg you via feedback However, when I bought my books from you, no such protections were in place. I have a PLOD on both ASM #129 & IF #14. You're a restorer,,,that's what you do. Fine, get a job restoring with Matt, and stop stealing from the populace. Ze-Man got a job that way, so quit being a thieving cockmonger.

Anyone else fell that when Dupkak chimes in, it's like catching a pervert outside your window, yanking his crank? Us honest people in here, he's on the outside peering in.

Ooooh, Robojo....how I hate thee. I bought an ASM #129, an IF #14, and others from you before I found this board. Don't kid yourself, you're a spooning crook. If you had any sort of conscience, you'd never get a wink of sleep. Your whole business model is based on paying off dissatisfied bidders, so they won't neg you via feedback However, when I bought my books from you, no such protections were in place. I have a PLOD on both ASM #129 & IF #14. You're a restorer,,,that's what you do. Fine, get a job restoring with Matt, and stop stealing from the populace. Ze-Man got a job that way, so quit being a thieving cockmonger.

Anyone else fell that when Dupkak chimes in, it's like catching a pervert outside your window, yanking his crank? Us honest people in here, he's on the outside peering in.

:signfunny::roflmao:

classic posturing....

exactly, and the reason he KNOWS it's not restored is because his "bullet proof restoration detection" is actually cracking 7.0 blue label slabs. CGC already did the resto detection for him. :roflmao:

I was reading the article in the Overstreet Grading Guide last night on trimming, by Susan Cicconi (page 24). "Probably the most difficult detection". If these are 7.0 books or a little better hes cracking, then it would be close to impossible to detect micro-trimming and pressing to bring these books up to the alleged grades. Ive also talked to members here who say he uses non-flourescent inks on color touch that cant be detected under a light by CGC.

DRX

Well obviously you think that book has a chance at a 9.6, right? otherwise wtf are you doing putting 9.6 in the title.

If I had a ASM 2 that I thought had a real shot at a blue lable 9.6 I'd send it in.

You would be stupid not to see if you could realize a cgc 9.6 at the tune of 72k

That's all I'm saying...

Everything I buy raw gets listed raw.

Everything I buy slabbed gets listed slabbed.

No exceptions.

Its funny you should say that Perry......

ATTN: BIGGEST LIAR ON THE BOARDS

Ok folks, step right up and view THIS while you can...cause I am sure his photobucket acct will be deleted or private in no time.

2 of the slabs in his acct. are up right now on Ebay and are raw and WAY over graded!!!

the first one....original CGC grade before he cracked it out and put it for auction

GL40CGC75.jpg

HIS GRADED IN AUCTION...9.4 - 9.6

super cracker

NEXT UP A CRACKED RESTORED BOOK....

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Now I am sure this images wont last long so I have saved them in my acct as well...so when they get deleted, I will repost them :devil:

:acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

Hello? ComicKing?

Hello?

Can we make the $15K wager when the XMen 65 comes up for auction? lol

Well obviously you think that book has a chance at a 9.6, right? otherwise wtf are you doing putting 9.6 in the title.

If I had a ASM 2 that I thought had a real shot at a blue lable 9.6 I'd send it in.

You would be stupid not to see if you could realize a cgc 9.6 at the tune of 72k

That's all I'm saying...

Everything I buy raw gets listed raw.

Everything I buy slabbed gets listed slabbed.

No exceptions.

Its funny you should say that Perry......

ATTN: BIGGEST LIAR ON THE BOARDS

Ok folks, step right up and view THIS while you can...cause I am sure his photobucket acct will be deleted or private in no time.

2 of the slabs in his acct. are up right now on Ebay and are raw and WAY over graded!!!

the first one....original CGC grade before he cracked it out and put it for auction

GL40CGC75.jpg

HIS GRADED IN AUCTION...9.4 - 9.6

super cracker

NEXT UP A CRACKED RESTORED BOOK....

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Now I am sure this images wont last long so I have saved them in my acct as well...so when they get deleted, I will repost them :devil:

:acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

Hello? ComicKing?

Hello?

Can we make the $15K wager when the XMen 65 comes up for auction? lol

it is up for auction right now as a restored 9.4 9.4 restored