• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC says my books are graded but can't tell me the grades?? Since when?

30 posts in this topic

So i called CGC this morning to check on my PHX submission, and they tell me that the books are graded...i was stoked!

when i asked for the grades, the lady said she couldn't tell me bc 'the grades aren't finalized until after encapsulation'...WHAT?

i've always been able to know my grades on books! perhaps i've just never called for a status check during the short window between grading and encapsulating?? or is this another new CGC policy, like how i couldn't ship my 4 SS books with my large submission (which i thought was a little bit lame as it cost me an extra $30)...

thx in advance to whomever clears this up for me :)

Ya know, that raises an interesting question: is there a final QC stage after the book is encapsulated, but before it's shipped to the owner, to confirm that the assigned grade lines up with what's actually in the slab at that point? Just curious...

Ya know, that raises an interesting question: is there a final QC stage after the book is encapsulated, but before it's shipped to the owner, to confirm that the assigned grade lines up with what's actually in the slab at that point? Just curious...

Received/Verified The submission package has arrived at CGC and the number of comics in each package has been checked against the number shown on the submission invoice. The comics have been arranged by service type and date received to await the verification process.Verification is a detailed check that the title, publisher, and issue number of the comics match the information on the submission form.

Scheduled For Grading Verification has been completed and submission information is entered into a computer so the comics will be traceable throughout the grading process by invoice number. Each comic’s mylar/comic bag is labeled with a barcode and they are placed in a box by invoice which is labeled with a barcode. The boxes are dated, and arranged in the order received, so that they will be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type.

They are now awaiting the CGC Grading Process, and once graded, the encapsulation process.

Quality Control Graded and encapsulated comics are re-examined by a grader to make certain that their labels are correct for both the grade and its accompanying descriptive information. He also inspects each comic for any flaws on its holder, such as scuffs or nicks.

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped/Safe Comics have been inspected and approved in Quality Control, photographed in our imaging department if applicable and carefully packaged and shipped via your chosen method of delivery (or are being held for additional shipments). Grades are now available for viewing online, and the package is on its way back to you. Grades are available online once the books are marked with the status “Encapsulation” but grades are not finalized until the status is marked shipped.

Received/Verified The submission package has arrived at CGC and the number of comics in each package has been checked against the number shown on the submission invoice. The comics have been arranged by service type and date received to await the verification process.Verification is a detailed check that the title, publisher, and issue number of the comics match the information on the submission form.

Scheduled For Grading Verification has been completed and submission information is entered into a computer so the comics will be traceable throughout the grading process by invoice number. Each comic’s mylar/comic bag is labeled with a barcode and they are placed in a box by invoice which is labeled with a barcode. The boxes are dated, and arranged in the order received, so that they will be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type.

They are now awaiting the CGC Grading Process, and once graded, the encapsulation process.

Quality Control Graded and encapsulated comics are re-examined by a grader to make certain that their labels are correct for both the grade and its accompanying descriptive information. He also inspects each comic for any flaws on its holder, such as scuffs or nicks.

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped/Safe Comics have been inspected and approved in Quality Control, photographed in our imaging department if applicable and carefully packaged and shipped via your chosen method of delivery (or are being held for additional shipments). Grades are now available for viewing online, and the package is on its way back to you. Grades are available online once the books are marked with the status “Encapsulation” but grades are not finalized until the status is marked shipped.

There used to be a category called GRADED where your books showed the grade. I see that's not there now? :shrug:

There used to be a category called GRADED where your books showed the grade. I see that's not there now? :shrug:

I don't know if these have been updated since then but these are steps that I always see Modern service go through:

Received

Verified

Scheduled For Grading :banana:

Graded :banana: :banana:

Shipped/Safe

(shrug)

I don't know if these have been updated since then but these are steps that I always see Modern service go through:

Received

Verified

Scheduled For Grading :banana:

Graded :banana: :banana:

Shipped/Safe

(shrug)

That's the progression I always see too.

2iu2vmh.jpg

There still is that category. As a matter of fact, I see it at this moment when checking my submissions.

Maybe they just don't like the OP (shrug)

:jokealert:

How is it that some slabbed CGC books have misc. crude inside the slab then? If they have a final inspection after it is slabbed? Here is a piece of CGC crude inside my CGC 9.8 slabbed book. I have a couple of books with problems like this. With a piece of crude from another origin other than the book inside the slab. This little brown piece of paper appears to be from maybe a golden age book. Diffinitely not from a white paged book.

7528wd-us-front-corner.jpgImage Hosting

Here is the book:

1043wd-us-front-front.jpgImage Hosting