• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Registry Set Requests

381 posts in this topic

As always, forgive me if this has been posted already.

Jonny Quest #1 Gold Key 1964 (only #1 was made)

"Allow myself to quote myself"

I just read what Gemma wrote about requesting a set. Paraphrasing here, but it was stated there must be more than one book to request a set. Well as you can all see in my quote I requested that Jonny Quest book and there is only that one book made by Gold Key, #1. So does this mean Gemma will not allow this? How do "one shots" get put into the Registry? Couldn't this book be viewed as such?

Instead of Gemma wasting time replying to me, could one of you "seasoned" senior Boardies answer my quandary?

Very Much Obliged,

Eric

I appreciate the quick reply "General," thank-you!

When I get some time I will construct a set request of Jonny Quest Books. I can't be the only one who likes or owns Jonny Quest books, so hopefully others might enjoy my set request.

Eric

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet. Is there any consideration of adding a set for "Silver Age Keys" in the future? I trust I'm not alone as a collector of this type of set.

A small sample example would contain:

ASM 1, 14, 28, 50, etc.

FF 1, 12, 48, etc.

Avengers 1, 4

Flash 105, 123, etc.

GL 1, 40, etc.

B & B 28

Showcase 4, 22, 34, etc.

This is a small sample which could be boiled down to a specific list (and amount) by a group of Silver Age collectors. I'm sure this would draw interest and I would be happy to submit a full list to be tweaked by other Silver Age collectors.

Do any of you know if this has been requested prior to me, and is there a possibility of it getting done somehow? I would love to know people's thoughts on this.

Rich

Hi

I did searches and was unable to find some set titles so can you

please add Magic Comics, Super-Magician, and Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (Series 1)

Thanks!

Gemma I have done some research in order to make Jonny Quest a worth while candidate.

Jonny Quest (Gold Key) #1 (Dec 1964)

Jonny Quest (Comico) #1 - #31 (June 1986 - Dec 1988)

Jonny Quest Classics (Comico) #1 - #3 (May 1987 - July 1987)

Thank-you again and again for doing all this for us!

Sincerely,

Eric

i have these comics and think a set for each series would be good

xmen alpha/omege #1 age of apocalypse + all other tie-ins

excalibur #71 or fatal attractions set

i see that earth/universe/paradise x is on your list to be added, i have many dynamic forces of these, could they be added to the list?

thanx kc

Please Add:

The Wolverine 1989 Sagas (4 of them) added to Wolverine 1988 Registry. Missing why they would not be there.....are they not kind of like annuals so would they not be in that section? Is there another place to register them that I'm missing?

Sincerely,

Eric

The Annuals have been added to the 1988 set and the Sagas you requested are a separate run from the 1988 set.

Hello!

Good work with adding the recent Valiant sets.

I would like to request another Valiant book. Please add Shadowman first Volume to the registry as I have quite a few and want to complete my set.

Thanks!

Thank you Gemma from another Valiant fan. Another sweet addition to the Registry in 2009 would be Valiant's first title, Magnus Robot Fighter.