• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Park Vs Family Guy...

58 posts in this topic

#20 from latest series along with the "Down South" story line has been pretty good. The original series is good along with some of his appearances in other series from that era which would be 1980's.

South Park :sumo:

This thread needs a poll. :makepoint:

Definitely needs a poll. I like 'em both, but I have to agree that South Park tends to be a little less random and pop reference-based and more social commentary/criticism.

That being said, the best family guy stuff is when Brian actually acts like a dog, e.g. can't stand up in a moving van, is afraid of the vaccuum.

South Park is heavily political and usually pretty on time with mocking current events within media and politics. I have always seen South Park as a very political cartoon, just biased in the way that it's creators control what is said.

And Family Guy's creators aren't biased?? It seems every current episode is an attack on a certain political party. Remember the uproar with the McCain/Palin patch Stewie found on a nazi uniform in the Road to Germany episode?

Anyway, I don't care whether a cartoon favors one political mindset over another as long as the show is funny... Which they both are. I'd rather a show be biased and funny than "fair and balanced" and not funny.

South Park is heavily political and usually pretty on time with mocking current events within media and politics. I have always seen South Park as a very political cartoon, just biased in the way that it's creators control what is said.

And Family Guy's creators aren't biased?? It seems every current episode is an attack on a certain political party. Remember the uproar with the McCain/Palin patch Stewie found on a nazi uniform in the Road to Germany episode?

Anyway, I don't care whether a cartoon favors one political mindset over another as long as the show is funny... Which they both are. I'd rather a show be biased and funny than "fair and balanced" and not funny.

^^

Family Guy is funnier..

I don't find South Park that funny anymore...the funniest eps have alwasy been when Cartman was being his usual self and the other boys were just basically there to watch. SP isn't stale (yet), but I just wish they would do less politcal and more of the off the wall, Cartman stuff...maybe even bring in a new character!

Family Guy has its off moments...but for the most part I enjoy going back and watching the eps, cuz SOMETHING is always funny in the ep!

i can watch family guy with my 3 1/2 year old (although i probably shouldn't...but he requests it...sometimes i cover his eyes). not going to happen with south park!

i like them both...i guess nowadays i'm a little more drawn to FG. my wife is more likely to have us watch SP when, let's say, she only wants to stay up another 30 minutes and doesn't feel like DVRing a one hour show.