• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Malkovich joins "Jonah Hex" cast

21 posts in this topic

When I see pairings like this I wish movies were more like boxing than wrestling.

Let the producer sign them up and the director be the referee and no matter who gets paid what every movie is a fight and to the victor the Oscar goes (and the higher pay next movie.)

These guys don't work hard enough for their millions.

I hope ant Hex movie is low key, serious and dark,,, not a superhero in the old west deal with a supervillain who gave him the scar and killed his family etc etc etc .

Just a few weeks in the life of the baddest bounty hunter in the West.

Josh Brolin and John Malcovich... interesting.

Both great actors...should be something to see!

just watched Josie Wales again... with that scar and attitude he WAS Jonah Hex already. Has Eastwood or Milius ever copped to being aware of the character???

Come on, Jonah Hex was obviously based on Eastwood's Man With No Name, and he was a huge western star at the time. I think it was a bit of give and take.

just watched Josie Wales again... with that scar and attitude he WAS Jonah Hex already. Has Eastwood or Milius ever copped to being aware of the character???

Come on, Jonah Hex was obviously based on Eastwood's Man With No Name, and he was a huge western star at the time. I think it was a bit of give and take.

Jonah Hex was absolutely based on Eastwood's Man With No Name. The creators of Hex have said so publicly.

And I'm looking forward to this movie. I, too, caught the showing of Josey Wales, enjoyed it immensely, and thought while watching it how great it would be to see Hex on the big screen.

My favourite DC comic of the 70's and my favourite current DC comic, though that wouldn't be too hard to do, but I have a bad feeling about this film.

If they stick to the original content of the comics - the Civil War, sold into slavery by his father, etc - and give it a Deadwood feel then that would be interesting.