• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Christopher Nolan for Batman 3

30 posts in this topic

Nolan did make "The Prestige" in between BB and TDK. I could see a writer/director getting burned out pretty quickly if he were to keep doing these big blockbusters nonstop. Raimi did all three Spidey pics back-to-back-to-back and the third was much sloppier than the first two. Also, Nolan's "smaller" pictures have all been pretty great so anything he works on is worth a look. Hopefully Nolan can refill the creative juices and make the next Batman as good as the first two.

-Bob

I'd like to see them make it without Christian Bale. Had every other aspect of the movie not been as strong as it was, the Bat-Lisp would have completely ruined it for me.

Maybe if they put nipples on the suit. hm

Nolan is a genius...as for Christian Bale I thought he did a terrific job.

I laughed when they announced Michael Keaton and that turned out great.

Is it just me or does Nolan enjoy working with Guy Pierce...another craftsman.

WHAT?! No Christian Bale! @#!$%

Run for the hills. It's time for a Bale Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRF9mfKgknY

Although some would say he is laughing all the way to the bank, you have to think he dreads every time one of these videos come out with his tirade redone.

It's like when some crafty shockwave developer had the Russell Crowe "Whack An Employee" game and you would throw a phone at kids or old ladies walking by.

Ahh, to be a movie star.

sSic_vomit.gif

What are you talking about? Guys like Nolan only make funny book movies like Batman so they can get a blank check for more personal, cerebral movies like Memento and The Prestige.

I'm quite glad that Nolan is following his heart instead of his pocketbook and should be applauded.

Nolan's Batman films are incredible as well as his other films and try not to forget he made The Prestige in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and that movie was sick.

Memento is one of my favorite movies.

memento was absolutely brilliant. you should try to track down "following", his first- best movie ever that was made for $6,000. well, maybe romero's "night of the living dead" would be in that conversation.

I totally agree with the Raimi statement Spidey 3 was dissapointing all around.

Nolan did make "The Prestige" in between BB and TDK. I could see a writer/director getting burned out pretty quickly if he were to keep doing these big blockbusters nonstop. Raimi did all three Spidey pics back-to-back-to-back and the third was much sloppier than the first two. Also, Nolan's "smaller" pictures have all been pretty great so anything he works on is worth a look. Hopefully Nolan can refill the creative juices and make the next Batman as good as the first two.

-Bob

What are you talking about? Guys like Nolan only make funny book movies like Batman so they can get a blank check for more personal, cerebral movies like Memento and The Prestige.

I'm quite glad that Nolan is following his heart instead of his pocketbook and should be applauded.

I agree. He is a master.

I totally agree with the Raimi statement Spidey 3 was dissapointing all around.

-Bob

I wonder if Hollywood tied Raimi's hands and made him look bad. Considering how good Raimi's movies were previously how could he flop so bad?

Raimi did all three Spidey pics back-to-back-to-back and the third was much sloppier than the first two.

Once again, Spider-man 1 and 2 were written by award-winning screenwriters (in the case of SM2, a double Oscar winner), while Spider-man 3 was entirely conceived and written by Sam Raimi and his shut-in brother.

Do the math.