• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

why only a 7.5 on that mile high? thats presents itself better then a 7.5 from the front!

Must be something on the inside not listed on the slab.....looks at least an 8.5 or 9.0 from a cover only standpoint (shrug)

By the way I bought it from mile high comics but it's not a pedigreed copied just in case that scan confuses anyone....I wish :cloud9:

Thanks for posting the interior page -- this is typical of the "good stuff" amongst the Timely funny animal stories.

sc002084a2.jpg

Two good ones today!

I've been waiting a long time for Funny Stuff 4 -- won months ago from an ebay seller that lets me accumulate batches for shipping. A little nicer than I expected from his photo.

I'll have to scan the house ad to show which All-American books it's contemporary with -- Spring 1945.

FunnyStuff4x.jpg

Is this funny animals? I guess so.

Four Color 50 with glorious Walt Kelly artwork. Thanks to shiverbones for parting with it!

FC50.jpg

Jack

Two good ones today!

Do I know how to shut down a thread or what?

Let's try again.

Real Screen Comics 7 Sep-45. Fox and Crow. Not Gem Mint, but I bet it's pretty scarce.

RealScr7.jpg

Peter Panda 24 Jul-57. Maybe a tad later than Golden Age, but a great cover with classic DC green background.

PeterPanda24.jpg

Did I already post this one? Maybe, but I have it in hand now.

Fawcett's Funny Animals 35 Feb-46. Nice copy -- Captain Marvel Bunny, some great funny animal artwork including a classic Dreamland story.

funnyanimals35.jpg

Three Mouseketeers 26 Dec-60. Rough but probably scarce. Last issue of a Golden to Atomic Age series, all Rube Grossman artwork? Check out the IND bullet instead of the DC/Superman circle.

ThreeMous26.jpg

TV Screen Cartoons 136 Oct-60. Again, not exactly Golden Age, but scarce Fox & Crow book toward the end of the Real/TV Screen series.

TVScreen136.jpg

Jack

How are those early funny stuffs? Earliest I had was #17

They're kinda Funny (you asked for it).

I really like this one. Some great funny animal artwork but some of the credits at GCD are unfamiliar names (to me).

I guess my favorite is McSnurtle the Turtle/ The Terrific Whatzit by Martin Naydel -- Golden Age Flash parody.

Ron Santi gets the credit for Three Mouseketeers, J Rufus Lion (Arsenic the Giraffe!), Zooville and Bulldog Drumhead stories. Very nicely detailed.

There's a col 1-page PSA, Doiby Dickles Goes On a Case: Paper Salvage by Irwin Hasen.

Jack

What a hoot!! I haven't visited this thread in 2 weeks......It took me a while to go thru all the cool Funny Animal posts. I last posted page 49. Now we're at 54.

Loved all the awesome Bugs Bunny covers. Awesome copies one right after the other. I love the Terry Tunes covers. The tone,balance, shading and color hues just outshine most all the independent covers of the day. And Jack...you need to sell me Funny Stuff 4............ :grin:

What a hoot!! I haven't visited this thread in 2 weeks......It took me a while to go thru all the cool Funny Animal posts. I last posted page 49. Now we're at 54.

Loved all the awesome Bugs Bunny covers. Awesome copies one right after the other. I love the Terry Tunes covers. The tone,balance, shading and color hues just outshine most all the independent covers of the day. And Jack...you need to sell me Funny Stuff 4............ :grin:

I just got it!

Whaddya think I am, a flipper?!

I forgot to post this shiny black-covered gem from shiverbones.

Funny Folks 20, July 1949.

FunnyFolks20.jpg

Jack