• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

LTMM is a little appreciated run lacking the story depth of the Barks ducks but they have a charm all their own.

LTMM comics have a lot of charm and I don't think they necessarily suffer in comparison with the duck titles.

:preach:

I sold this one last year but bought it back.

FriskyFables3_zps554b713f.jpg

I can relate. Parting with that beauty would tear away at me as well.

Edited by Hepcat

Poughkeepsie File Copy. Looks about 9.2 with decent PQ but has some tanning on the inside covers.

Cool! Which runs were in the Poughkeepsie Files and when and how did they go public?

???

Poughkeepsie File Copy. Looks about 9.2 with decent PQ but has some tanning on the inside covers.

Cool! Which runs were in the Poughkeepsie Files and when and how did they go public?

???

All I really know about the Poughkeepsie collection is from this site:

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSearch.php?adv_search_pos=down&searchType=collection&display=list&set=31&front_image=&price=0&mod_date=&style=&has_scan=&discount_only=&grouplot_only=&title=LITTLE%20LULU&order=list_price&sort=asc

I bought the book about 12 years ago, but I think the collection surfaced in the late 80s. There have been different file copy finds for Dell books; it's tough to keep them straight.

With the thousands of Harveys I used to see and buy as a kid at the used magazine store; I don't recall seeing any Felix. Sad Sacks, Richie Rich, Caspar and even Stumbo was available by the bushel but I don't remember ever seeing a Felix.

Maybe he had run his course by then, when did this title stop publishing?

That explains it. In the early seventies there were literally piles of Harveys available for 15-25 cents going back to the mid to late sixties.The Felix issues were probably gone by then. These were sort of shady remaindered copies in that they were somehow returns but didn't have the covers removed. Never figured out how that worked but there were thousands of these kinds of books around back then. I remember picking up Iron Man #2 in a discount department store from stacks and stacks of them. That was a good five to six years after it had come out on the stands. Where these books sat for so long and why was always a mystery. Mysterious warehouses in Brooklyn no doubt!!

Mostly thrashed and trashed by the kids that read them. The last time I went by that bookstore about five years ago it had piles of Archie comics and really trashy horror mags from the seventies. The horror mags looked somewhat interesting but not my cup of tea so I didn't pick any up. Still treasure for someone.

It was just impressive to see a place still piled with magazines of every description. A rare sight these days. They may be out of business now; hard to say.

I actually saw a post some time back where someone claimed this same location as the source of 30's comics back in the early 60's. Now that must have been something to see!

The last time I went by that bookstore about five years ago it had piles of Archie comics and really trashy horror mags from the seventies.

It was just impressive to see a place still piled with magazines of every description. A rare sight these days. They may be out of business now; hard to say.

I actually saw a post some time back where someone claimed this same location as the source of 30's comics back in the early 60's. Now that must have been something to see!

What store was this anyway?

???