• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

a house ad from CC, I thought it was cool that Superman was in it:

cc53ad.jpg

Rad ad! And what a lineup!

(thumbs u

Pity most of these titles had disappeared by 1961.

:(

Edited by Hepcat

Not surprising. That would be a favourite of mine too!

;)

What proportion of the comics you bought as a kid was from the funny animal genre?

???

About 25%.

mm

My most recent LT/MM; 180 down, 66 to go. And this is my earliest issue to date:

LT_05_zps9c46b380.jpg

And an interior page by Walt Kelly for fun:

LT_05i_zps083c6fd1.jpg

I'm the first to admit that this is not a high-grade copy. But, to the seller and any others like them out there: If this is what you consider a 1.0, I want to see your other books in that grade.

My most recent LT/MM; 180 down, 66 to go. And this is my earliest issue to date:

LT_05_zps9c46b380.jpg

LT_05i_zps083c6fd1.jpg

I'm the first to admit that this is not a high-grade copy. But, to the seller and any others like them out there: If this is what you consider a 1.0, I want to see your other books in that grade.

Great book and one you hardly ever see. Congratulations. LTMM is a little appreciated run lacking the story depth of the Barks ducks but they have a charm all their own. I have a few issues I have picked up over the years mainly because the covers were so much fun.

LT_05_zps9c46b380.jpg

LT_05i_zps083c6fd1.jpg

Great book and one you hardly ever see. Congratulations. LTMM is a little appreciated run lacking the story depth of the Barks ducks but they have a charm all their own. I have a few issues I have picked up over the years mainly because the covers were so much fun.

Apparently an enormous seller in its day. Love Walt Kelly.

I'm a HUGE Kelly fan, as well; to be honest the only reasons I'm trying to get more than the first few issues of LT/MM I picked up are the Kelly issues and the Mary Jane & Sniffles stories. But I absolutely love the MJ & Sniffles stories.

Very happy getting this one, I don't think any of the LT/MM issues are actually rare in any meaningful sense but I have the impression the 2 and 5 are the trickiest of the run to locate.

And a couple more Looney Tunes (182 down, 64 to go):

LT_139_zps81c7b5ba.jpg

LT_154_zps5541f72b.jpg

Almost done with the run from 100-200, these are 2 of the last 3 from that span that I need and the 3rd should be on the way. And while Looney Tunes is probably the easiest title to do it with, a 100 issue run of a book from the 50's is still a fun milestone to hit.

And as expected, this one gives me the full run from 100-200; or more fully 89-211, for an unbroken run of 123 issues or exactly half the run:

LT_146_zps693f6511.jpg

Looney Tunes stories had crossovers between strips like this Mary Jane and Bugs Bunny story.

8894791293_1276355c20_b.jpg