• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Don't know where else to post this.  Its Atom age, I guess but at least it is funny animal and weird.  It looks like Goofy is on the cover and Mickey Mouse's country cousin is in the ghost's hat.

7.jpg

Cool.  Never seen a copy.

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Don't know where else to post this.  Its Atom age, I guess but at least it is funny animal and weird.  It looks like Goofy is on the cover and Mickey Mouse's country cousin is in the ghost's hat.

7.jpg

Cool book! That's the Norlen 'Reissue' after acquiring some Fox titles. I have the Fox edition. Both are TOUGH! Should be a classic Disney swipe cover 

Ribtickler #3.jpg

7 hours ago, EBE said:

Not in the best of shape, but this was not easy to find!

--ElJay

FFA62.jpg

:golfclap:Indeed 'scarce' or dare i say 'rare', even being a Fawcett? @AJD is a big fan of this book. I have one that was sold to me as a Crowley copy.

Edited by sagii

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

Cool book! That's the Norlen 'Reissue' after acquiring some Fox titles. I have the Fox edition. Both are TOUGH! Should be a classic Disney swipe cover 

Ribtickler #3.jpg

I got mine for the reasons above plus it is a cool Halloween cover. Plus Mr. Bedrock sold it to me cheap!

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I got mine for the reasons above plus it is a cool Halloween cover. Plus Mr. Bedrock sold it to me cheap!

:applause:Being Bedrock, i'm sure it was a high grade gem! Congrats, and SO great to see your Sigline back! (worship)

11 hours ago, AJD said:

As @sagii says, I've wanted one of those for six years now. I've only seen one for sale in that time and it was in significantly worse shape than yours. Well done!

I posted this in your "War Bonds..." thread as well. In that thread I also included a photo of the inside back cover, which has a really crude 1 page comic encouraging people to buy War Stamps.

--ElJay

Edited by EBE

On 8/2/2017 at 1:48 PM, tricolorbrian said:

I don't buy funny animal books if I can help it...but this cover just grabbed my attention and I broke down and shelled out the $15...It's in pretty nice shape for a 1951 comic...

36158912352_0339bed081_c.jpg

You kind of stole that for $15.

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Somebody has to buy all the low grade swill he has...

:cloud9:

35 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

Well, somebody had to do it...hm  You gotta love those comic shops that have no GA customers...:roflmao:

Yeah, there's a few of those in Houston. 

17 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, tricolorbrian said:

36158912352_0339bed081_c.jpg

You kind of stole that for $15.

..... and thus, it begins. I've been on a Mighty Mouse kick lately that started with the following book. My pal and LCS owner Jerry H was married to a gal who had a thing for Mighty Mouse so I used to try and help fill the holes.... but never really looked at them. This one made me change my mind.... the stories inside are surprisingly intricate and I hope to soon add a copy of his own feature title with cover to cover Mightiness :cloud9: ..... until then, these Terry Toon's will have to do. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

0akbLt3.jpg

rFQEWrp.jpg

lOnG3rw.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

8 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

..... and thus, it begins. I've been on a Mighty Mouse kick lately that started with the following book. My pal and LCS owner Jerry H was married to a gal who had a thing for Mighty Mouse so I used to try and help fill the holes.... but never really looked at them. This one made me change my mind.... the stories inside are surprisingly intricate and I hope to soon add a copy of his own feature title with cover to cover Mightiness :cloud9: ..... until then, these Terry Toon's will have to do. GOD BLESS...

0akbLt3.jpg

Love this splash page. 

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

0akbLt3.jpg

Love this splash page. 

......What a cool piece of OA it would be...... I sold a Terry Toons in my last sales thread that I really should have kept..... it had a really cool Lawyer story that I regretfully didn't scan. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12