• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2020 at 10:20 PM, Jayman said:

Wanted a copy of this book for a while now, don't know what took so long!

Dell Four Color # 142.jpg

On 6/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, Jayman said:

Dell Four Color # 250.jpg

On 6/22/2020 at 10:23 PM, Jayman said:

From 1965 I know...but too nice not to post! :shy:

Bugs Bunny # 102.jpg

I like your taste in Funny Animal books Jayman :D

FC 142 is a classic cover which needs to be recognized by CGC :taptaptap:

The FC 250 is a SOTI book i believe for  Injury to eye panel. Bugs throws diamonds in the eyes of some natives. 

15 minutes ago, sagii said:

The FC 250 is a SOTI book i believe for  Injury to eye panel. Bugs throws diamonds in the eyes of some natives. 

It’s not the best copy but was cheap enough. Read it when I got it and noticed the diamonds in the eyes throwing by Bugs (very minimal violence IMO). Didn’t know it was a SOTI book but it does show some negative racial stereotypes.

4 hours ago, Jayman said:

It’s not the best copy but was cheap enough. Read it when I got it and noticed the diamonds in the eyes throwing by Bugs (very minimal violence IMO). Didn’t know it was a SOTI book but it does show some negative racial stereotypes.

And Wertham was right to condemn them in SOTI:

EAlyrjc.jpg

11 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Proof that I will buy pretty much ANY Atlas title. I remember pulling it from a stack at an antique store and thinking that I'd never seen it before, then thinking, "well I guess I better buy it then!" lol

Monkey and bear 2.jpg

These are really hard to find. The entire comic was done by the great Howie Post. Some stuff from this series was reprinted in the 70s in Li'l Pals

40 minutes ago, catman76 said:

These are really hard to find. The entire comic was done by the great Howie Post. Some stuff from this series was reprinted in the 70s in Li'l Pals

Cool, thanks for that info, I didn't know that about the Lil Pals. Yeah, I noticed Howie Post's signature on the cover right away and remembered his work from the late More Fun run.