• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My new toy

26 posts in this topic

Last fall my brother moved to Phoenix, AZ. He shipped his bike and took what he could in his pickup. One item he left behind was an Egyptian made AK-47. He told me I could do what I want with it. I really didn't have a desire for an AK. It's an OK gun but it wasn't something that I was looking for. The past few months gun sales have been going through the roof. Mostly ARs and yes AK-47s. So I took the gun to a shop today and got $350.00 taken off a Beretta CX4 Storm I have heard good things about it and it looks cool too.

CX41-1.jpg

CX42.jpg

With any luck the weather will be nice this weekend and I'll be able to take it out. :grin:

Heading to Carter Country on the North Side ???

Used to be a great place for skeet and trap.

The guy at Pasadena on Shaw used to let us rock and roll

when no one else was on range.

When all the "enhanced" covers started popping up in the early

'90's , I took a pile of Maxx #1's and blasted them with a 12guage 71/2 bird

shot and gave them away as store "bullet hole" specials.

Uh, what did your brother want with an AK 47? Deer hunting? Race wars? Target practice? Hawks were killing his pet pigeons?

When he came back from the service he wanted an AK-47. Not sure why but that is what he wanted. Now he has no use for it and where he lives now there are to many people around for him to go shooting. He's happy with his handgun and 12 gauge.

I have no idea why people feel to need to own automatic weapons?

to hunt?

really?

Semi-auto. :makepoint:

Easily convertible by..... oh wait.... :baiting:

Well that will get you into trouble.

I have no desire to hunt. I hate getting up at 5:30am to go to work the last thing I want ot do is get up that early on my day off. Then I have to track through the woods (while it's dark and cold) and then sit and wait for a deer. If I do get one I have to take it home and either clean it myself or pay someone to do it. Sorry that is not what I consider fun.

Now I do like going to the range and shooting at targets. Paper, plinking targets, or shot gun clays (which is a lot of fun) it doesn't matter. It's good clean fun.

Also it can be used for home defense. Am I worried that someone is going to come busting into my house? No, but I feel even better knowing that I have the means to defend me and my family.

Uh, what did your brother want with an AK 47? Deer hunting? Race wars? Target practice? Hawks were killing his pet pigeons?

When he came back from the service he wanted an AK-47. Not sure why but that is what he wanted. Now he has no use for it and where he lives now there are to many people around for him to go shooting. He's happy with his handgun and 12 gauge.

It doesn't take that long to get away from civilization in Phoenix. Basically 45-90 minutes in almost any direction away from downtown Phoenix will be good.

I have no idea why people feel to need to own automatic weapons?

to hunt?

really?

Semi-auto. :makepoint:

Easily convertible by..... oh wait.... :baiting:

Well that will get you into trouble.

I have no desire to hunt. I hate getting up at 5:30am to go to work the last thing I want ot do is get up that early on my day off. Then I have to track through the woods (while it's dark and cold) and then sit and wait for a deer. If I do get one I have to take it home and either clean it myself or pay someone to do it. Sorry that is not what I consider fun.

Now I do like going to the range and shooting at targets. Paper, plinking targets, or shot gun clays (which is a lot of fun) it doesn't matter. It's good clean fun.

Also it can be used for home defense. Am I worried that someone is going to come busting into my house? No, but I feel even better knowing that I have the means to defend me and my family.

Probably not enough to protect your family. You will also need a grenade launcher and something to shoot down any enemy aircraft that may target your house....

I can,t believe people feel the need to have "semi automatic weapons" Don't BS us when you say you hunt or go target practice (shrug)

Those guns were meant for one reason to kill people. rantrant

You are correct. Someone breaks into my house and comes after me and my family they get shot. The time at the range helps me make sure I hit my target.

Still the target range is a lot of fun.