• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Innocuous WonderCon Report

82 posts in this topic

Next up is Mr. Incredible by Ryan “Cheeks” Galloway. Chewbacca by Justin Chung and Kabuki by David Mack. Also, Wonder Woman by Aaron Lopresti. For those of you willing to spend the coin, I recommend checking out Mack’s portfolio. The work in there, particularly the mixed media and coloring is amazing.

75192.jpg.f56f6edc220325ebbfed18ad00458c67.jpg

75193.jpg.ae3584d4502259481d8f2f39be86fd5e.jpg

75194.jpg.a2a01dca56b9e3b8454fb3d1ff064551.jpg

75195.jpg.10fa22504c5b0d758885f27271b66fa2.jpg

Wow that Rorschach from Livio Ramondelli sketch is amazing!!! Great report, great pic's and thanks for all of us who just couldnt' make it!!

Thank you. It is an amazing piece, all pencil. He is so talented with pencil, he could probably prepare a gourmet meal or fix your car, just with his pencil.

Great reporting. I was there Friday with 40yrs when it was less crowded but still bustling with all sorts. Caught a Terrific #2 and a Weird Science #14(3) from Tomorrow's Treasures during our last hour there, capping an already fantastic day. It was a constant search for the elusive GA books amid the usual big con stuff, so much so that I even broke down and rifled through some of Beerbohm's boxes(Best of luck Bob). WonderCon is definitely a larger deal than two years ago for me.

One other thing. As 40yrs said, "Cash is king here," as barely any interest was given to trading until we had hit Richie's booth. These are not the prime days of negotiation and rabid fannagling.

Ok, so, what about the comics? Saturday I finally spent some time shopping for comics. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting to pull out my camera. So, I’m a little thin with dealer pictures. Sorry, no Harley this time. He wasn’t in the booth when I stopped by anyway. But, he did have some really nice pre-Batman Detectives. I did get a picture of John at the Torpedo booth, but somehow, it got corrupted. There were many other dealers I left out of my pictures.

In no particular order, here are some pictures.

First, I found this interesting. I don’t remember the dealer’s name, but he had almost all bronze to moderns in his booth. Even his wall books were along those lines. However, sitting at the top, Superman #1. Go figure.

That was Charlie's booth...he's from San Jose :)

He had some nice Supes too (4 and 5 besides the 1)

Here is Steve Ritter. I asked him about the Pedigree book. He promised it would be done this year. So, I asked if he would take my pre-order and he politely declined. One thing about the book, they did take advertising from dealers. I don’t like this, but it did help offset the upfront cost of self-publishing. After Harley, I think Steve had the strongest selection of Golden Age among all the dealers. Great selection, but nothing in my low-grade standard.

yah, I stopped to look at the Tec 8 they had...

Here is fellow board member Marc from House of Comics at his booth. Hopefully, you had a good show Marc. He looks happy because he sits across from the CGC booth.

right on Marc (thumbs u I'll bring the chess board next time!

No worries. Only 1 correction. The others you just clarified my bad memory. What you really should be sorry about is passing up lunch with us. :foryou:

I didn't know! And I ran into Ronnie yesterday :P And, we've never met either doh!