• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner

144 posts in this topic

F it, I'll do it. I guess I am coming to Chicago now! lol

:applause: Glad you're aboard, Matt

Thanks! Me too! :)

I am going to set up at the Pop Culture Trading Pins table again with some art.

:applause:

Updated 4/27

Why wait? All you guys with that amazing deal at the Hyatt, pay now and be done with it!

Paid :banana: attendees

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

Everybody's welcome, please feel free to bring guests.

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 8th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

(straight vegetarians, please contact me - I know of a couple)

Baked potato (as big as a football)

Veggie combination plates

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

You know you're coming, so sign up now!

:bump: -- just 79 days til the Dinner ---

Updated 4/27

Why wait? All you guys with that amazing deal at the Hyatt, pay now and be done with it!

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

BigMike

Please join Saturday, August 8, 2009 for the sixth annual Chicago Board Dinner at the fabulous Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across the street from the Rosemont Convention Center. The Chicago Board Dinner is the highlight of the convention season. Last year we had a record 65 join us for dinner, and another 20 or so wander in to geek out under the watchful eye of the benevolent Donald E. Stephens:

P8110074.jpg

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

I have had to put the deposit down on the room, assuming that people are coming. If you are coming, paypal me $75 dcusimano@usa.net. Don't make me track you down at the dinner...

Updated 6/1

Just over two months away!

The_Dude

Timmay

r1970d

BakerGirl

143ksk

The Watcher

Transplant

Mutant Manatee

1Koko

MrBedrock

Detective27kid

shiverbones

BigMike

P8110074.jpg

The Details:

What:

Board Dinner - Chicago

When:

Where:

Now with menus!

Lots of hors d'ouevres

Ceasar salad

Choice of one

Filet mignon

Bone-in sirloin

WR cut steak

Pork chops

Fish of the day

Okay, I'm in.

Saved a potful on the Hyatt through the good services of Bill Shatner, this looks like a good place to invest some of it, lol

PayPal coming shortly.

Rickster

No, but really try to put together $75 and come. It is definitely worth it, really a good time had by all, and the food is tremendous. You won't be disappointed.

What do you do at this dinner other then eat. Are you guys sellers? Are there comic art pieces or something to start a talk. I got out of the comic loop in 1998 and slowly getting back into it after my wife abanded me :(, hence the move to IL to see my little girl and end up in a low paying job and now I might need to sell my books I had from the collected to pay for things since cost of living up here is more then what I make. I got a guy on the WTB forum who might want to buy my raw Kabui and Shi titles so I can have some cash to put back on my credit card. I think if I can make some friends up here who likes old comics as much I do and get me up to speed on the newer ones then I might find the positive energy :cloud9: to balance the negitive of ppl I run into in Chi-town. :foryou: GOOSE FROBA :grin:.

I hasn't been to a comic show since the 1990's (which were all small ones before CGC became the standard and shows became EVENTS) and I might not have enough to go this one and if I did all I could do is walk around with my little girl and enjoy what cool stuff people have.

Keldog, if you're seriously considering getting back into the comics biz even in a small way, you should consider gritting your teeth, ponying up the 75 bones, and attending the Dinner.

You'll be dining with some of the real movers and shakers in the comics collecting community, and have an opportunity to talk shop with some of the smartest collectors and dealers in the nation.

No, not not necessarily me, I'm just a small time collector trying to earn beer money and free comics. I may have some useful insights and then maybe not, but the Big Dogs will be there too.

And I'll guarantee that every person in the room loves comics and will have something to contribute.

Hopefully I'll be paying poker again. Made it to the final table last year. This year....I'm taking the win.

As soon as I do.....I'll cruise on over to Gibsons.....and buy drinks of plenty:banana: