• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 5.0 R on ebay looks real

186 posts in this topic

I never saw that coming... meh

what WOULD the fees have been at 85k?

Wayyyyyy too much.. I don't know the exact computation. One of two things could've happened. The first is that maybe he sold the book privately. Second, maybe the bidding was shilled all the way up to $85k+.

Wayyyyyy too much.. I don't know the exact computation. One of two things could've happened. The first is that maybe he sold the book privately. Second, maybe the bidding was shilled all the way up to $85k+.

Fees including use of paypal near 7k. Book has been sold privately to non-usa board member who was 2nd highest bidder.

:roflmao: is soooo correct ... all the way to the bank with auction fees of $91

Fees including use of paypal near 7k. Book has been sold privately to non-usa board member who was 2nd highest bidder.

1koko George STRIKES Again?

Make that 3 new Keys within the last month?

I was gonna say the same thing.

my guess would be no, not 1koko , but we will let him confirm or deny this (thumbs u

not me.

not me.

that is what I figured, but at least you have had some GREAT books arriving lately

not me.

that is what I figured, but at least you have had some GREAT books arriving lately

Yup. Especially my future upgrade copy of MC #1.

:cloud9:

article today stating that Ebay makes more money from PayPal now than their auctions! Interesting that buying a companion service has paid off so well for them. That usually doesnt happen.

well, when they "force" you to use that companion service, the results are expected (shrug)

I am suprised some class action hasn't been brought against ebay yet?

article today stating that Ebay makes more money from PayPal now than their auctions! Interesting that buying a companion service has paid off so well for them. That usually doesnt happen.

well, when they "force" you to use that companion service, the results are expected (shrug)

You cant because they have not forced you to use the site. There is another site similar to paypal that can be used. But from what I hear it requires a CC and is not a secured site.

You cant because they have not forced you to use the site. There is another site similar to paypal that can be used. But from what I hear it requires a CC and is not a secured site.

interesting... but surely ebay telling you that you can't list that you accept alternate paper forms of payment (like mo's and checks) has to violate some business practice/law, right (shrug)

interesting... but surely ebay telling you that you can't list that you accept alternate paper forms of payment (like mo's and checks) has to violate some business practice/law, right (shrug)

You would think so. But I think the only law is that they can not force you to only use their services. So I guess it is legal. Just krappy..

I sold a grand piano back in 2002 and used escrow.com as the company instead of paypal. It was a bunch cheaper on a 25K transaction and gave both of us piece of mind. Shipping a piano from Atlanta to San Jose is a little scary to someone you don't know.