• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WATCHMEN Art Day!

22 posts in this topic

With my recent fundraising sales post, I've been getting a lot of people asking me what I got. Well, with the movie also only a few days away, this is as good a time as any to have a Watchmen Art Day:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=485823&GSub=29068

This is the first time I've ever had a piece of art hand-delivered to me, let alone one all the way from the UK! Thanks so much to Justin Hutchinson. Not just for the delivery service, but for contacting me when he decided to sell this page. I'm glad it worked out for both of us. Cheers!

Ha ha, I was wondering what you had on the go too, now I know!

I can't wait until I get home to click on your link (CAF is blocked at work for me, as some of my friends know by now)

Congrats!

Malvin

Congrats congrats Felix!

I love the hand delivery description in your CAF. What is it with you and these Alan Moore books? It seems like you can't get a piece of art from an Alan Moore written book without there being some kind of flight involved ;)

In any event, congrats on your acquisition, it is one of the more visually memorable pages from the series and one of the few in which you do actually have nearly the whole team present.

Best regards.

- A

Thanks all!

I'll be very interested to hear what everyone thinks of the movie. I enjoyed it a lot. Regardless...it's going to be huge. I have friends all over the country who are trying to buy tickets and are dealing with total sell-outs or 1AM screenings. Debate the merits of the movie, or whether it should have even been made...but, for better or worse, WM no longer belongs to comics fans only.

Great page Felix! And also thanks for sharing the story of getting it.

Splash Page Art just sent out a notice with WATCHMEN color proofs for sale:

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=898

I was a little more excited when I thought these were hand-colored color guides. They're not...but they are cool nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how these sell. The timing is not coincidental:P

Those are pretty cool but seem a tad on the expensive side for what you get. And I don't get the big deal about the 11" x 17" page size when the actual art area is significantly smaller :insane: Still cool pieces and a couple all already marked On Hold.

-Bob

If you buy a copy of ABSOLUTE WATCHMEN ($100), cut out the pages carefully with an X-Acto knife, and get them signed by Gibbons and Higgins, you've got basically the same thing. Framed, there would be very little difference.

The premium comes in having something that was used in the actual production process. Again...will be interesting to see how well they sell while we're in the midst of movie hype.

Splash Page Art just sent out a notice with WATCHMEN color proofs for sale:

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=898

I was a little more excited when I thought these were hand-colored color guides. They're not...but they are cool nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how these sell. The timing is not coincidental:P

Schnikies...I thought these were hand colored guides as well upon first reading.

C

If you buy a copy of ABSOLUTE WATCHMEN ($58 shipped on Amazon), .

Adjusted that for you. (thumbs u

C