• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Just got in my hardcover of volume 3 from amazon :) Guess what just got bumped up to the top of my reading list :D Fun as green lantern & godland hardcovers are they are getting bumped back :D

Edited by synch

Just got in my hardcover of volume 3 from amazon :) Guess what just got bumped up to the top of my reading list :D Fun as green lantern & godland hardcovers are they are getting bumped back :D

Glad you liked it. (thumbs u

Locke & Key is a gem to every comic collection.

DSC021851.jpg

I'm not excited about the tv series or whatever at all I just don't think it will translate well into IRL :S & totally unrelated I hope we get all the keys that are on the front of the hardcovers :D that would make for a sweet display ... We have ghost & head w e just need the candle key prop :D

Oh what did surprise me about that is that .. joe hill is related to Stephen King :D Did not know that!

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=191&itemid=18382

Dude go do it they are awesome! My only problem with crown of shadows is that it seems to totally ignore where head games left off ... Whats up with that eh?! I guess we see more on that in the current series ?...

Man I'm so disappointed with locke & key! We are going getting ?two? more hardcovers out of this right ?.. Or is it one ?.. I can never seem to remember ... need me a head key ... lol I'd love to get more out of this series ... I'd even read the back history with bodes dad ect :)

OH I read all through crown of shadows in one shot yesterday! Totally awesome! I was going to save it bit for bit each day but once I started reading it I just could not stop! Did the same thing with volume 1 & two as well if I recall I was mesmerized by them heh!

I figured I would post a handy checklist for anyone who might want to set up a run of Locke & Keys. :ohnoez:

Locke & Key #1 First Print(scuffing damage).

Locke & Key #1 Signed Edition(hard to find).

Locke & Key #1 Second Print(scuffing damage).

Locke & Key #1 DF Edition(damaged book. But, plenty out there).

Locke & Key #1 DF Edition(Negative Variant).

Locke & Key #1 Welcome To Lovecraft Special Edition

Locke & Key #1 Welcome To Lovecraft Special Edition Variant(hardest L&K book to find. Most people don't know it exists).

Locke & Key #1 Legacy Edition($1 reprint comic).

Locke & Key #2 First Print

Locke & Key #2 Second Print(getting hard to find).

Locke & Key #3 First Print

Locke & Key #3 Second Print(getting hard to find).

Locke & Key #4 First Print(hard to find, most sellers have the other version)

Locke & Key #4 First Print(but it's really a Second Print. It's characteristics are a top bent staple, thinner in construction(cheaper paper), lighter background colors. It was made a couple weeks later to meet the huge demand. CGC won't acknowledge it as a second print because it reads first print in the indicia. Most retailers claim it's a second print though).

Locke & Key #5

Locke & Key #6

Locke & Key: Head Games #1

Locke & Key: Head Games #1 Signed Edition

Locke & Key: Head Games #1 Sketch Edition

Locke & Key: Head Games #1 Jetpack Comics Edition

Locke & Key: Head Games #2

Locke & Key: Head Games #2 Sketch Edition

Locke & Key: Head Games #3

Locke & Key: Head Games #3 Sketch Edition

Locke & Key: Head Games #4(Hard to find in NM or above. Most were damaged in shipment).

Locke & Key: Head Games #4 Retailer Edition

Locke & Key: Head Games #4 SDCC Retailer Edition(here's another oddity. All of the #4 variant slipcase books have a "ghosting" on the bottom of the picture from a printing error. It's the way to tell them apart from the other variants. Only 100 were done too. CGC doesn't acknowledge them as official variants either).

Locke & Key: Head Games #5

Locke & Key: Head Games #6

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #1

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #1 Shadow Variant

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #1 Jetpack Comics Edition

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #2

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #2 Shadow Variant

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3(the original had a gray tinted cover before a delivery truck accident in a snow storm destroyed half the run. Rare).

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3(the new printing had a blue tinted cover they made to replace the destroyed books. Still considered a first print and CGC doesn't acknowledge it as a variant).

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3 Shadow Variant(hard to find).

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #4

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #4 Shadow Variant

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #5

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #5 Shadow Variant

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #6

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #6 Shadow Variant(hard to find in NM).

Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #1

Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #1 Signed Edition(not sure where they are?)

Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #2 (coming soon).

IDW: 10 Year Anniversary Comic #nn(unknown sample book with a funny Locke & Key story that takes place outside the universe. A must for completists).

Random Joe Hill titles...

Creepshow #1 cover appearance(a Joe sig on a high grade one would make my day).

Spider-Man Unlimited #8(Joe Hill's first comic. A lot of Locke & Key elements sampled here).

Grave Tales #6(reprinted in the Locke & Key #1 Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition with heavily changed art in color).

Criminal: Sinners #4(isolated Joe Hill article).

IDW: Coming Attractions #1(cover appearance/centerfold for die hard completists).

Kodiak (Joe Hill co-written story coming soon).

Kodiak 1:10 variant

Grave Tales #7(who knows what's happening with Cemetery Dance this week).

...and I'll add Clive Barker's Seduth #nn, because with the Locke & Key art team in place on this one you never know...

...that's all for now.

i should send all my lock and keys to get cgced , Maybe one day when joe and Rodriguez are at a show i'll get them all SS that would be nice . dont have any 2nd prints though :(

i should send all my lock and keys to get cgced , Maybe one day when joe and Rodriguez are at a show i'll get them all SS that would be nice . dont have any 2nd prints though :(

I'm too scared to get my books SS'd, but I have considered doing my scattershot collection of extras and other kinds of Joe Hill books. The 2nd prints of #2 & #3 are pretty scarce all around the internet. I'm thinking about 1,500 to 2,000 were even printed(if that (shrug) ).