• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/echo-key

Own your own key to the Locke family's wellhouse.

Debuting Sept. 19 at BangPop! comic con in Bangor, Maine, the limited edition Echo Key is straight out of the pages of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's "Locke & Key" published by IDW. This officially licensed replica measures approx. 4.5-inches long.

Thanks Synch

My key has arrived, now I have two and I know there will be more.

LKKeys.jpg

Great looking keys. I got my keys yesterday.

DSC025011.jpg

...a bittersweet moment for the Ghost Key too, because I let go of my Ghost Key last year when I lost my job and had to raise funds to feed my strays. I found this #11 key(the same number on the Black Door) and had to get it.

DSC024931.jpg

sigh ... Need to get locke & key #1 graded ... lol! Also need to check my mail though I know it won't be there yet me being in Canada :juggle: Were your guys keys signed by joe ?... I thought I read on the webpage that if you ordered before X date the tags would be signed :cloud9:

Edited by synch

OOO you got to post a pic! :) I hope my key is both signed & key sketch :D I'm sure I ordered by the sign date ! So no one here is going to the con where the echo key is being released eh?.. I'm sure there will be left overs online but I hate to leave that stuff to chance!

Edited by synch

So how's the new series??
With only one issue, so far(the next arriving October 20th), it's pretty darned good. Though following a terrific Crown of Shadows arc and brilliant stand-alone issue #6, this one's heart is in the right place as a done-in-one issue(the Locke children try to defeat Dodge with a new key... again :eyeroll: ), but you know from previous volumes, this is just the warm up #1 issue to set the tone before all hell breaks loose in Lovecraft. Half of it is drawn in like Bill Watterson did for the Calvin & Hobbes strips with humorous segments provided by a world-wise Bode. I have a feeling Joe used a lot of Watterson's style while creating this series from the title "Locke & Key" to the way Bode died(eyes bulged out and tongue out) when he crossed the Ghost Door's threshold(the same way when Calvin acted when he got something he didn't like). There is plenty of spills(lots of blood), a high body count(in the hundreds) and chills to entertain the die-hard horror collectors that might be upset about the Watterson-type art too. Still(as always), highly recommended.

Anybody get any Signed Editions of Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #1 that weren't banged up?

I'm guessing this might be a tough book to get down the road in 9.8.

Where can you order these from ?.. I wouldn't mind a signed book ...

Anybody get any Signed Editions of Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #1 that weren't banged up?

I'm guessing this might be a tough book to get down the road in 9.8.

Where can you order these from ?.. I wouldn't mind a signed book ...

I got a nice one from Jetpack and another off eBay. I've heard some were damaged from others, so I was just curious, if it was true too. I had a lot of trouble with the regular Head Games books #3-5 and the Signed Edition from the first volume.

Oh nuts! The 19th SNUCK up fast lol! I placed my order I'm glad there are some left still! Glad one of you decided to post about it or I'd have forgot about it! Too bad my echo key won't be signed like my head key! I quite like that :cloud9:

I also wonder where my head key is it seems to be stuck in limbo ...

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 16, 2010, 1:49 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 14, 2010, 9:26 pm, SCARBOROUGH, ME 04074

Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, September 14, 2010

I wonder if there is a find lost objects key ? (shrug) Its sure going on a wild ride just to get to canada bc... doing more traveling than I ever have! :roflmao:

Edited by synch