• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Funny I just checked my mail & it came last night some time! Head key rocks! If they are still in stock by the time the nycc goes up for order I may just buy another one... My box said #9 on it ( shipping box) did anyone else have anumber? & to bring up numbers there is a 8 on the head key... Are all the keys numbered ?!?! My key is gold colored but also has lots of black on it .. anyone know why that is ?!

Oh I just looked at my tag! mine is #34 of 500!! Woot!

Edited by synch

So I got around to reading Welcome to Lovecraft last night and... holy krap. What an excellent story. The art was great too. I was bummed when I finshed the book and didnt have the rest of the books to read. I will have to pick up Head Games and Crown of Shadows now.

I love these boards. This is a series I probably wouldnt have picked up on my own and no one in my LCS recommends L&K when I ask them what is good to read.

Yup... I am hooked.

Edited by Freekster

So I got around to reading Welcome to Lovecraft last night and... holy krap. What an excellent story. The art was great too. I was bummed when I finshed the book and didnt have the rest of the books to read. I will have to pick up Head Games and Crown of Shadows now.

I love these boards. This is a series I probably wouldnt have picked up on my own and no one in my LCS recommends L&K when I ask them what is good to read.

Yup... I am hooked.

You're not the only one, I loved it too and was very disapointed that I didn't have the rest :cry: Slowly finding them, I have #1, #3 and #5 from Head Games and read #1 it certainly continued where W to L left off :grin:

Yup... I am hooked.

You're not the only one, I loved it too and was very disapointed that I didn't have the rest :cry: Slowly finding them, I have #1, #3 and #5 from Head Games and read #1 it certainly continued where W to L left off :grin:

Gary, PM me a list of what you need. I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow in readers. ;)

Yup... I am hooked.

I am going to stick with the hardcovers. I would like to get a nice copy of #1 of W to L though...

Yeah I keep searching ebay for a decent priced copy of #1 but people are crazy imo lolhm Still no picture of the NYCC key up on the webpage ... I guess they are putting one up tomorrow ...

Edited by synch

NYCC Update

Sorry for the late news, but I wanted to share that there won’t be a New York Comic Con exclusive next week. It was going to be the much-anticipated Anywhere Key. Unfortunately, it took longer than expected to hammer out all the fine details of this key, and to do it right, it’s taken a little more time. We’re hoping now to debut it in early November online and I’ll drop another note when details have firmed up.

To lessen any letdown, does it help to know a certain amazing Chilean artist will be autographing some of the tags? More details to come on that, too.

I’ll still be at NYCC next week in Artist’s Alley with any remaining Head and Echo Keys (though I will be surprised if either of them last the whole show.) I’ll also have some of my other gallery pieces on display, hopefully a sample of the Anywhere and maybe the prototype of the fifth key, debuting around Christmas, which could come in handy in dark places ...

Please swing by, say hi and give me your ideas on what “Locke & Key” goodness Skelton Crew Studio ought to be working on in 2011.

Thanks again to everyone who’s dropped a line and ordered. Glad to hear you like them. I can’t wait to continue to add to your – and my – collection.

Israel

I Guess I will just order a 2nd head key now lol Was planing on ordering both at once but ah well!! I hope I can order one of those autographed copies of anywhere key !!

Edited by synch

NYCC Update

Sorry for the late news, but I wanted to share that there won’t be a New York Comic Con exclusive next week. It was going to be the much-anticipated Anywhere Key. Unfortunately, it took longer than expected to hammer out all the fine details of this key, and to do it right, it’s taken a little more time. We’re hoping now to debut it in early November online and I’ll drop another note when details have firmed up.

To lessen any letdown, does it help to know a certain amazing Chilean artist will be autographing some of the tags? More details to come on that, too.

I’ll still be at NYCC next week in Artist’s Alley with any remaining Head and Echo Keys (though I will be surprised if either of them last the whole show.) I’ll also have some of my other gallery pieces on display, hopefully a sample of the Anywhere and maybe the prototype of the fifth key, debuting around Christmas, which could come in handy in dark places ...

Please swing by, say hi and give me your ideas on what “Locke & Key” goodness Skelton Crew Studio ought to be working on in 2011.

Thanks again to everyone who’s dropped a line and ordered. Glad to hear you like them. I can’t wait to continue to add to your – and my – collection.

Israel

:(

I know eh?! MORE WAITING! OH well I get get save my $ & spend it on something else between now & then ... Like another head key :D I wonder when echo key will get here ...

Edited by synch