• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

So, I ask(Cheryl and Annaka excluded), what was the truly first "special" Locke & Key preview?

:cry::devil:

So not fair Jerel (thumbs u

Okay changing the subject I've been looking at ebay for L&K variants. they are already seeing an increase. Just be warned buy now.

The first Locke & Key preview came in...

Doctor Who Classics #2 on January 4, 2008 and had a print run of 7,229 copies. It was a reprint of one of the Doctor Who Marvel Premiere books from the early 80's. A pretty un-special book, that along with being the only L&K preview that week, with the spelling error, being mostly popular in the UK(Joe is popular there too) and prone to people just not caring to protect them at first(lots of scuffing), finding them in NM/M condition can be a chore. Don't get me started on it's silly variant. Every raw copy I ever got was damaged. The next time you see someone advertise a Speed Racer #1 or Doctor Who #1 as being the the first preview on eBay, feel free to roll up a Speed Racer #1 variant and smack them upside of the head.

Yeah, I'm seeing a definite uptick of all things L&K. A Ghost Key went for $195.

I imagine once the production photos come out, prices will rise a little more, not Walking Dead more, but back up around 2008's price realm(which was pretty high).

OK... Let's try it out.

Locke & Key's first set photo.

:ohnoez:

That's really a top class sign there... lol

"Don't get me started on it's silly variant. Every raw copy I ever got was damaged." If you can even find one.... Not even on eBay!!

find an undamaged one of what ?

That's really a top class sign there... lol

"Don't get me started on it's silly variant. Every raw copy I ever got was damaged." If you can even find one.... Not even on eBay!!

find an undamaged one of what ?

The VARIANT cover for the first Locke & Key preview = Doctor Who Classics #2

Got my keys today! Very awesome! I can see why SKCW was afraid these would get broken lol! My anywhere key is #16 !!!!!!!!! Pretty damn low imo! honestly I am afraid to hang it on the wall with the others ... I think I will need to find some other form of display for this ... are there any good covers with the key on it ?..

Does anyone elses skeleton key look like it has glue or something on the top ?.. Hey did the Shadow Key go on sale already or is it still coming up ?..

Yeah, yours is a low number - mine is 152.

No glue on my legacy key. Is that the one you mean?

Israel stated on the Skeleton Crew site that they were taking a few weeks downtime to welcome "Skeleton Crew Junior". :) All the keys have "temporarily sold out" that were for sale until they get back.

The Shadow key is still slated to debut at the end of February, and that will happen when Israel returns.