• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just finished reading Joe Hill's two novels (especially liked Horns). What is the series about? Is it similar in style to his other work? Available in trade?

With the exception of American Vampire, all of my comic reading is from the Super Hero genre. I've tried others such as Hellraiser and thought they were just awful. :sick:

It's funny because most of my fiction reading leans towards Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror. for whatever reason that love hasn't transferred over to the floppies.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

I just finished reading Joe Hill's two novels (especially liked Horns). What is the series about? Is it similar in style to his other work? Available in trade?

With the exception of American Vampire, all of my comic reading is from the Super Hero genre. I've tried others such as Hellraiser and thought they were just awful. :sick:

It's funny because most of my fiction reading leans towards Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror. for whatever reason that love hasn't transferred over to the floppies.

Thanks,

John

Having read and loved Horns I can tell you Locke and Key is just as good and probably better.

Locke and Key comprises of 6 story arcs containing 6 issues, each of which all continue the same story throughout. To tell you what is about would spoil the magic of the story but it's grounded in reality with a few magical twists like Horns.

Be sure to look through the artwork with a keen eye for clues.

fellow boardies,

I still have one small gap to fill in my collection. Does anyone have a raw 1:10 variant of the first issue of The Cape for sale (the 'stand alone' one with the dark blue cover with the cape on it) ?

thnx

Edited by MarcoL

I'm a little late to the party, but I started reading Locke and Key (gone through the first set, halfway through Head Games) - and I am just blown away. I've been reading comics for 30 years and this might be one of the best all around writing/illustrated comic I've ever read. Wow. Consider me a lifetime Joe Hill fan.

Believe it or not, these books have been sitting at my LCS for years, and I've passed them up every week. I was in there this Saturday and I thought: "Well, for $30 I'll give them a try." $30 for the first two sets, all first printings - I about krapped when I saw what they were going for when I got home. Score on price AND on the story!

Picked up two of the OA covers from Locke & Key: Clockworks from Gabriel Rodriguez...they look so awesome in person. His inkwork is phenomenal, and I was very pleased to get a cover with Dodge featuring the Omega key.

There hasn't been much action on this thread even though Omega is bringing this series to a close in three issues...prepare for the carnage!

IMG_2942_zps64753c95.jpg

IMG_2941_zps7019150a.jpg