• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

So apparently there are going to be a ton of variants for Alpha #2. Not sure how I feel about that...

Do the Sienkiewicz and Fabry covers seem to referencing some female character we haven't seen yet? The eyes seem somewhat similar, but they don't match up to any current L&K characters I've seen thus far. Can't figure out if they are just abstract characterizations, or something more.

Doors open both ways...

So apparently there are going to be a ton of variants for Alpha #2. Not sure how I feel about that...

I think it's awesome. The covers are all great. You can buy a box set of all seven covers :cloud9:

That's cool! I'm glad they're doing a boxed set. In looking into this further, it looks like seven of those covers are considered "regular" covers whereas the Shane Leonard cover will continue to be the "variant."

Treasury Edition from Crown of Shadows came out on Wednesday, in its huge format, which considering there are so many full page splashes with the Giant Tyler and the shadow monster, its the greatest way to enjoy the art. Here's the cover with the OA.

IMG_3603_zps28854a4e.jpg

Pretty much every issue is magical and mind-blowing.

Read it from the beginning and be prepared to be wowed. It's hands down the best modern book on the shelves. Also the hardcovers are awesome.

Looks like IDW and retailers are trying to make the most of the end of Locke & Key. New variants galore shown here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/05/cover-variance-all-the-retailer-covers-for-locke-key-alpha-1/.

It had looked like Alpha #1 was going to have minimal variants, with the big variant push on Alpha #2, well that is until I saw this today!

Far too many, I'll buy a couple of the better Alpha #2 variants but will pass on the rest.

Edited by Zandri