• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Volume 3 - Shaping up to be my favorite. The water cavern issue was great.

I finally just read issue #2 of "Crown of Shadows" and I agree with you Pat, this issue was fantastic!

Wow, I'm really excited for #3 now! :headbang:

Mark my words, this will be a sought after Modern in time. Start hoarding now!

DSC091161-2.jpg

DSC092631.jpg

:whee:

I'll take one of those cast-away 9.9's off your hands :D

Volume 3 - Shaping up to be my favorite. The water cavern issue was great.

I finally just read issue #2 of "Crown of Shadows" and I agree with you Pat, this issue was fantastic!

Wow, I'm really excited for #3 now! :headbang:

Mark my words, this will be a sought after Modern in time. Start hoarding now!

DSC091161-2.jpg

DSC092631.jpg

:whee:

I'll take one of those cast-away 9.9's off your hands :D

With a print run of a little over 7K, this is the first book since #3's Welcome to Lovecraft to be that low. It's no wonder there wasn't a lot of these around.

In case anyone was wondering where Locke & Key #3: Crown of Shadows was today.

From Joe Hill's site.

In other news, the new issue of LOCKE & KEY is out, at least in the west, but has been delayed a week or two on the east coast. A truck delivering IDW’s mid-February titles was involved in an accident – a bad one, I’m afraid. My understanding is that the driver was seriously injured; my thoughts are with him and his family. I hope he’s all right, and that he has a fast, full recovery.

I hope the driver is OK :wishluck: .

In case anyone was wondering where Locke & Key #3: Crown of Shadows was today.

From Joe Hill's site.

In other news, the new issue of LOCKE & KEY is out, at least in the west, but has been delayed a week or two on the east coast. A truck delivering IDW’s mid-February titles was involved in an accident – a bad one, I’m afraid. My understanding is that the driver was seriously injured; my thoughts are with him and his family. I hope he’s all right, and that he has a fast, full recovery.

I hope the driver is OK :wishluck: .

Ditto :wishluck: :wishluck:

Because a sample of three chapters of Joe Hill's new Horns novel is featured on the back pages of Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3, I figured I would recommend how awesome this book is for Joe Hill fans. I managed to get some signed from him for some L & K fans I know too, because he is on tour now in New England.

DSC094061.jpg

DSC094041.jpg

DSC094072.jpg

DSC094051.jpg

...and sigs on other books of his.

DSC094301.jpg

DSC094311.jpg

I would like to thank my friend and co-Locke & Key set collector Cheryllynn for this gift she sent me.

DSC094951.jpg

I've been struggling to find this book in 9.8, for many months now. It has a five page story of the Locke children finding another key outside the Locke & Key universe. I spent over $400 on eight sets to get this IDW title sample book, only to find them all damaged inside. The highest grade, I could get to this point was a CGC 9.6. Knowing that I would keep trying, until I got one, she had her copy graded to help me out. For that, I am forever grateful Cheryl :foryou: .

Thank you again.