• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Are they serious with the "Smashing Issue" and "Giant-Sized Action" titles on the book? Don't like it - not Rodriguez style.
Gabriel Rodriguez has sampled a lot of different comic book themes with his covers, even doing the occasional homage swipe.

abook1fr.jpg

His covers have so much going on with the characters, it makes you have to stop your car on the way from the shop and crack them open to see what's going on inside of them.

DSC098921.jpg

This risque cover just raises so many questions what is Zack doing in the unassuming Uncle Dunc's head and how long has he been in there? Rodriguez is a genius the way his fearless linework brings his characters alive on page. I'm willing not to worry about this, when he just wants to give us something we aren't expecting with every cover :grin: .

Errrrrr, upgrade anyone, lol .

Brought my first Locke & Key today

:banana:

Not a 9.8 (LLFC) but still decent and it didn't cost me an arm or a leg either :cloud9: all I need is the rest (thumbs u

Nice!! :applause:

Just finished reading Crown of Shadows #4 this morning :o:sumo:

Can't wait for #5!

Can't wait for #5!
April 28th!!!

LockeKeyCrown05-cvr_CRX2today1.jpg

Finished cover :headbang: .

Oooh yeah, time for Ty to get large and beat some shadowy a.s.s!! After the ending to #4, this cover just makes the wait that much harder.

I just finished the first HC today. I really enjoyed it and I am going to jump head first into the second one tonight (thumbs u

Funny you should say that... :devil:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

:acclaim:

I just finished the first HC today. I really enjoyed it and I am going to jump head first into the second one tonight (thumbs u

Funny you should say that... :devil:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Just emailed Gab and hoping to hear back on cover artwork soon. He has been especially busy lately, so fingers crossed!

if anyone is interested in any covers (interiors are currently not for sale) please PM me. There is one particular buyer that has been buying covers up and wants certain cover(s) from this run, so waiting to hear back from him.

JJ

Are they serious with the "Smashing Issue" and "Giant-Sized Action" titles on the book? Don't like it - not Rodriguez style.
Gabriel Rodriguez has sampled a lot of different comic book themes with his covers, even doing the occasional homage swipe.

abook1fr.jpg

This is one of my favorite covers to see in a homage :applause:

Just a heads up

Gabriel just sent me all the cover scans for Crown of Shadows, variant and regular covers. Some people have been in contact for covers throughout the series, so I will be in contact with them shortly.

If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM, lots of gorgeous covers!!

And just an FYI Gabriel lives in Chile which suffered that massive earthquake, he is doing fine! Whew!

That's not good news. Is that the regular cover?

Pat

Yup. I'm not sure if the February delayed Diamond shipment is part of the reason of this, but the new unexplained shipment delay for COS #4 doesn't look good :ohnoez: .

I just hope it's a distribution glitch :wishluck: .

I just finished reading the "Head Games" HC. WOW WOW WOW!!!

I can't believe how good this stuff is. I usually read super hero stuff but I have enjoyed other stuff like Usagi Yojimbo, Bone, Maus and some other stuff but this is as good as any of it. I am glad that I gave it a chance and it was all because of this thread. I think this is now my favorite modern title. I can't wait to get the next HC.

I'm in Australia and they already have #4 for sale. Why is it some US customers still can't buy it?
Depending on stories, I hear on the internet from delivery truck accidents to Diamond distribution glitches, I have no idea.

What I do know, is that the regular COS #3 had two differently constructed books. The first raw one on top of the slab came out on 02/17/10 and the one in the slab came out two weeks later. Like the second prints from this title, the one in the slab has higher cover contrast in the background(an almost blue tint), 2nd print staple placement and the barcode slightly moved over to the left.

COS399.jpg

COS3991.jpg

COS3992.jpg

Beats me what is going on. All the books might have been destroyed in the accident, so these were printed up. Maybe they are sampling different sales regions. But, at least we got a neat looking variant oddity from all this :headbang: .

Edited by NewEnglandGothic