• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How common are CGC Errors like this?

17 posts in this topic

Wrong labeling isn't uncommon. I had an Uncanny X Men # 110 which was labeled as an X Men # 110 and I've seen other examples.

Wrong labeling isn't uncommon. I had an Uncanny X Men # 110 which was labeled as an X Men # 110 and I've seen other examples.

They didn't start calling it "Uncanny" on the cover until # 114, and it wasn't officially the title until #142.

I know that but was just using that title to distinguish between the two series for the purpose of this thread.

I have a silver age Avengers that is mislabeled. A #54 mislabeled as #56 or something like that. I 'd have to look it up to be sure. It's on the top sticky label as well as the label in the slab.

I have a blue label Action #40. The sticker on the very top of the slab is for a restored/trimmed Daredevil #1.

I've got an Avengers #57 and a Batman #181 with switched top of the slab stickers. doh! They were in the same submission last year. I forgot to ask Gemma or William at the Phoenix Comic Con what to do about it.