• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- Unclaimed Money

24 posts in this topic

I was just thinking about this website the other day..

www.unclaimed.org

It links you to the different states where the states are holding money that may be yours. For instance, old paychecks you never cashed etc. It's a free service and really cool to look up.

I'd be really curious if any of you actually find some money you are owed.

I never did find money for myself but did have some people I knew get a few extra bucks of unclaimed property.

Looks like we have 100 shares of stock and $157.00 coming to us.

This is so cool. Now everyone will have more money to spend on comics :) And, you can tell your significant other the boards aren't always a waste of time :/

Where's the UK option? (shrug)

Surely the US government must owe me something. Compensation for being made to watch Braveheart maybe.

:roflmao:

I got nearly $1,000 last year. I had sold my house and my FHA refund never got returned to me. The Feds had screwed up my name and the check never arrived. (They don't seem to make that mistake with my money owed.)

I received a notice from a company that I might have money coming, so I went to one of these sites and found myself and got the refund at no cost.

There was a family that found a box of buried silver coins. The reported them to the law, they went unclaimed and ended up keeping them...finders keepers.

The value is somewhere in the $8000 range.