• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROLE CALL for Adams' collectors....

110 posts in this topic

Who on the forum considers themselves a Neal Adams collector? Are you looking for all of his work, or just the some of the titles he contributed to? Covers and interiors or just covers?

Will the real Neal Adams' collectors please stand up?

As Greggy noted in a previous topic, I paid $500 for a Batman 251 9.6, so damn it, I'm one!

Adams....hmmmm....let's see now......did a couple of Bat books right?

I am an addict. Except for his continuity and marvel stuff I would collect almost anything.

DC Horror

Cover Proofs

Colour Guides

Batman

Deadman

Adam Strange

Brave and the Bold

Action

Jimmy Olsen

Magazines

etc etc etc

Thank God his stuff is soooooo inexpensive. foreheadslap.gif

hi.gif

I'll buy pretty much anything he did back in the day as long as the price is right. Recently I've been buying Batmans and a few of the Horror titles (especially since those crossover into my other artist collecting area- Wrighston.)

Also, one of these days I'll be buying a nice Green Lantern panel page.

hi.gif

Covers only right now. But, I am sure it will spread to interiors soon enough.

Speaking of which, I have been looking for the Challengers of the Unknown books in high grade for quite a while now, but they never seem to turn up. Anyone else have this problem?

For me, it all started with that GL/GA run.

cloud9.gif

cool. i had the tec #400 in 9.4 but sold it. could not turn down the offer. Also had a bats #232 in 9.4 and raw but nice copies of #234,237..had all the detective books at one time as well but sold tehm on-line or at shows back in the day. Killer stuff.

Yea of course, I'm a die hard fan

Challengers of the Unknown is one of the tougher runs to find in high grade.

I passed on a couple 74's in VF/NM early in the year frown.gif I should of gotten those.

I doubt I'd put myself in the category of an Adams collector... but I do collect all of his books... his Bat stuff, GL stuff, covers on any book he's done, and his limited Avengers run... I don't buy them in uber high grade, but I go for eye appeal on those books. That being said, I can never see plunking down the money for a Neal Adams panel piece, and I wouldn't say I'd pay any amount of money... I'm also not that concentrated on buying CGC books 9.0 and better for Adams stuff... although if I stumbled across some at the right price, I'd buy em.

Who on the forum considers themselves a Neal Adams collector? Are you looking for all of his work, or just the some of the titles he contributed to? Covers and interiors or just covers?

Will the real Neal Adams' collectors please stand up?

As Greggy noted in a previous topic, I paid $500 for a Batman 251 9.6, so damn it, I'm one!

Minutekev, props for being a true fan and putting your money where your mouth is! 893applaud-thumb.gif

As an aside, $500 is a good price for that book. I bought a 9.6 privately last year for $500 and bought another 9.6 on ebay in June for around $426 shipped - a price I was very happy with.

Batman%20251%20cgc%209.6.jpg" height="300" width="175

Batman%20251%20cgc%209.6%20label.jpg" height="100" width="450

DAM

i just gave up on 9.4 copies of adams books, i would have sold mine too if i had them grin.gif I am happy if it looks damn nice. My batman 255 is PERFECT and WHITE with a razor square spine, except it has a 1/4 Tear at the bottom of the spine 893frustrated.gif

Pre-code horror is just toooo expensive, my money goes there instead of perfect adams books. That being said, i intend on finishing a vf run of all the dc adams books. I do have a vf-NM challengers #74, it came in a lot of misc. [!@#%^&^] on ebay, i couldn't BELIEVE how nice it was. laugh.gif

I'm a die-hard Adams fan. I was a fan before I met him at BayCon2 in 1976, where he was nice enough to draw a little sketch of Batman under his sig (after explaining that DC forbade him from doing sketches for fans). After that encounter, I've been an even bigger fan.

I've got all the Adams/O'Neil GL/GA books, most in high grade, and a lot of his other work, in various grades. I think I like his B&B covers as much as any.