• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Reserves

47 posts in this topic

Wonder what the reserve is on this book:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=286682

I placed a $300 bid and still didn't hit it.

The reserve on this book is $400.00

brings up a great point...will you/CC post the reserves like Heritage does... that might be a positive to your auctions, that would allow someone like paratrooper to make the decision if they go to the reserve or not... reserves are not supposed to be "secrets" but minimums to sell a book, right (shrug)

I also ask because there is another book that "Reserve has not been met", that I gave up on and won't be bidding on again, even though I might be a few $'s away from hitting it, and willing to pay that little bit more... just the "not knowing" hurts the potential sale, IMO

brings up a great point...will you/CC post the reserves like Heritage does... that might be a positive to your auctions, that would allow someone like paratrooper to make the decision if they go to the reserve or not... reserves are not supposed to be "secrets" but minimums to sell a book, right (shrug)

I also ask because there is another book that "Reserve has not been met", that I gave up on and won't be bidding on again, even though I might be a few $'s away from hitting it, and willing to pay that little bit more... just the "not knowing" hurts the potential sale, IMO

Valid point. If a given consignor OKs us to release a reserve on a given book, we will so and have done so many times in the past. All you have to do is ask.

Valid point. If a given consignor OKs us to release a reserve on a given book, we will so and have done so many times in the past. All you have to do is ask.

fair enough! I will send a PM shortly

Steve, as Metropolis is consignor of many books in the CC auction, can you release all the reserves on those books and post them here on the forum?

Just asking...

Steve, as Metropolis is consignor of many books in the CC auction, can you release all the reserves on those books and post them here on the forum?

Just asking...

Now that's just funny. Damn you and your insufferable logic. :popcorn:

Just asking...

Now that's just funny. Damn you, you insufferable, no-logic lout. :popcorn:

damn, transplant, go easy on gator.

Just asking...

:o

Just asking...

whoa, gator, that was bedrock and not you being accused of insufferable logic. i gotta start reading those things better.

Just asking...

whoa, gator, that was bedrock and not you being accused of insufferable logic. i gotta start reading those things better.

what, are you saying I can nay be logical :o

Just asking...

what, are you saying I can nay be logical :o

"Can nay"? Is that your attempt at a "Scottish" accent?

Might I suggest that after the auction runs it's course........

That All books that failed to meet the reserve be offered with a buy it now (at the reserve price), for a few days? (shrug)

Great idea. Last time a majority of these books were wiped off the radar, even the books I had tracked were removed from the system.

I suspect $500 isn't going to cut it regardless of how many multiples of guide that book might currently be at. I have no idea but I would venture to guess that you couldn't break reserve with a $1,200 bid. (shrug) You just don't see these in high grade copies very often and it is a Church copy to boot.