• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOM or TOMB OF DRACULA better reading???

45 posts in this topic

HOM has some good individual issues (which run is it though?) but Tomb of Dracula is good for following the character development and continuous story lines.

I'd go for Dracula.

It would be worth looking into picking up the Tomb of Dracula Omnibus. About 36 total issues (not all TOD). Great read and the Colan art is sheer pleasure. The colours come out richer than the original issues printed on newsprint paper. You may be able to pick one up cheap(er) on eBay or even Amazon. It's worth spending the extra money.

Thanks all..

Any yes, I agree above that if I were collecting the issues, I prefer the HOM cover art .. But if its just for story, looks like TOD seems to be the clear winner!

Thanks

HOM is way more fun to collect IMHO, better covers, harder to track down nice copies, etc. But as much as I love HOM, TOD was a better read over the course of the run.

+1

It all depends on what you are looking for...but consistency wise TOD was top notch---keeping the same talent for the run definitely helped.

OK.. SO I was in Borders today and walked past the Graphic Novel section, and I saw an ESSENTIAL TALES OF THE ZOMBIE.

I had never even heard of the title, but it looked cool.. Does it have good read value?

OK.. SO I was in Borders today and walked past the Graphic Novel section, and I saw an ESSENTIAL TALES OF THE ZOMBIE.

I had never even heard of the title, but it looked cool.. Does it have good read value?

Zombie was a B/W magazine. I have never read any of them. They were not subject to the comics code. If I recall correctly, there were some talented folks working on that mag, artists at least. It seems pretty popular for a magazine. Personally, I would read TOD, HOM, HOS or MOKF before I sought the Zombie Essentials.