• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to e-Bayer samco1

108 posts in this topic

I came back to collecting last May 2016, and found this board.

From my last active ebay days, during 2007-2008, there were two personalities that stood out, one guy bought nearly every copy of IMSM1 (C.C.), and the other had the angry man listings that lasted two pages (silver age marvel comics only 1).

So of course, now I know more about who was behind the calamerica collectibles purchase of every available IMSM1. What a character, but then, that could be said about half of us in some context.

And last year I took a small gamble on a minor book from samco1, whom I already figured out for myself grossly overgraded.

Turns out I was still blocked from nearly 10 years ago. Talk about lucky ! Can't recall what kind of note I sent to him back in 2008 that led to my being blocked.

[Actually, I also remember Showcase NE for those broken-out run listings (1, 2, 3-5, 6- 10, etc.), overgraded only one or two grades mainly in terms of abuse of the meaning of "average" grades. But mostly it's the negatives I remember, and SNE was among the better ones in those days.]

I am back to buying back the IMSM's again. I decided to keep 1,000 on hand at all times. If my financials allow it, I might get back to that 5,000 raw level.

Thanks for the reference!

CAL who really doesn't need too much publicity due to superior marketing skills... :insane:

IMSM? What's the matter can't afford gold? lol

Cal! Who was missed during football season.

I know Modok was probably disappointed he didn't get to fade Cal's picks all season.

:applause:

There's a reference not very many will get

:whee:

This is Rick from SAMCO1. 

We have sold millions of dollars in Silver Age Marvel Comics since 1969. As anyone can see from our eBay feedback we have VERY satisfied buyers, virtually always maintaining 100% feedback. 

If baffles me to see people who whine and complain about any purchases when we offer a better than 100% moneyback guarantee.

Some of these thread comments about this being a 10-year-old thread, but It doesn't matter to me if you bought a book 20 years ago, if you don't like it and if it's still in the same condition I'll refund your money. 

We have sold over 125,000 silver age marvels including over 15 Spidey 1s, a dozen FF1, and scores of JIM 83, ST110, X-MEN 1, AVENGERS 1, DD1, AF15, and so on. 

I read through these comments and I can remember the transaction of a few of people that made posts from the books they describe they bought, and there is a bit of either stretching of the truth or certain points they 'conveniently' left out. They have forgotten that some of the books HAD disclosed restoration, but they failed to read it in the auction page. Or I may have said a book "looks" a certain grade, but the description explained why we gave it a 'lower' grade. But regardless, if ANYONE EVER purchases a book and for ANY reasons,  NO questions asked, I have always been willing to offer a full refund; we have always done that on eBay since 1998. If there was something undisclosed, or you are unhappy or you changed your mind or we missed something, return it for a full refund, and it affected the grade, more than one half of a grade, if slabbed, we offered a full refund and shipping and $25 cash and then future credit or free stuff on top of that. So rather than being like whiny little children, who just want to complain, try being an adult and fix a problem and move on, it would behoove you to benefit from our guarantee. 

My livelihood is based on having happy customers, but I can see that many of the posters on this thread are bent on slamming our reputation. Don't you understand? If you EVER had a problem with a book we sold, rather than complaining about it, contact me and I'll fix your problem to your satisfaction or refund your money including shipping both ways and I don't care if you bought my book 20 years ago. We purchased many collections and do our best to go through books that are listed on eBay for defects and restoration detection. When we have large 500+ auctions, it's possible to miss something. That's why we guarantee it.  my feedback reports many people saying the grade is much higher than what we had listed 

What gets me is the people that make comments where they said "I think" SAMCO1 did this or that, and I know for a fact they are making it up. And for anyone that received a book that had a problem, or was over graded or had undisclosed restoration, or claim they 'never' received a book purchased from us, it is ludicrous to say we did nothing, when even Ebay  and Paypal offers a guarantee to protect you, even though our guarantee is much better, I can honestly say that anyone who has complained in this post has not tried to fix the problem or tried calling me. My phone number is always listed on every purchase.  Rather than being a happy customer, some people carry such a 'chip on their shoulder', they want to portray themselves as a 'poor victim' when the opportunity arises. It must make them feel superior when they can complain and trample on the reputation of someone else. It baffles me of the folly of people who would WANT to be a 'bitter buyer' that says "never will buy again" instead of a satisfied collector. 

I challenge anyone that has made a negative comment about SAMCO1, to call me and explain why they did not choose a positive resolution to any problem they could have had. We offer the best guarantee around. If you're going to write something negative about us, at least be MAN enough to call me and explain why you did not allow us to fix your problem. We are not just a reputable seller, we are the BEST there is. My eBay feedback speaks for itself. All those old comments that said "I don't know how SAMCO1 gets such high feedback?"

It is because we earned it.

7 hours ago, Rick & Cece said:

We have sold millions of dollars in Silver Age Marvel Comics since 1969. As anyone can see from our eBay feedback we have VERY satisfied buyers, virtually always maintaining 100% feedback. 

If baffles me to see people who whine and complain about any purchases when we offer a better than 100% moneyback guarantee.

Some of these thread comments about this being a 10-year-old thread, but It doesn't matter to me if you bought a book 20 years ago, if you don't like it and if it's still in the same condition I'll refund your money. 

We have sold over 125,000 silver age marvels including over 15 Spidey 1s, a dozen FF1, and scores of JIM 83, ST110, X-MEN 1, AVENGERS 1, DD1, AF15, and so on. 

I read through these comments and I can remember the transaction of a few of people that made posts from the books they describe they bought, and there is a bit of either stretching of the truth or certain points they 'conveniently' left out. They have forgotten that some of the books HAD disclosed restoration, but they failed to read it in the auction page. Or I may have said a book "looks" a certain grade, but the description explained why we gave it a 'lower' grade. But regardless, if ANYONE EVER purchases a book and for ANY reasons,  NO questions asked, I have always been willing to offer a full refund; we have always done that on eBay since 1998. If there was something undisclosed, or you are unhappy or you changed your mind or we missed something, return it for a full refund, and it affected the grade, more than one half of a grade, if slabbed, we offered a full refund and shipping and $25 cash and then future credit or free stuff on top of that. So rather than being like whiny little children, who just want to complain, try being an adult and fix a problem and move on, it would behoove you to benefit from our guarantee. 

My livelihood is based on having happy customers, but I can see that many of the posters on this thread are bent on slamming our reputation. Don't you understand? If you EVER had a problem with a book we sold, rather than complaining about it, contact me and I'll fix your problem to your satisfaction or refund your money including shipping both ways and I don't care if you bought my book 20 years ago. We purchased many collections and do our best to go through books that are listed on eBay for defects and restoration detection. When we have large 500+ auctions, it's possible to miss something. That's why we guarantee it.  my feedback reports many people saying the grade is much higher than what we had listed 

What gets me is the people that make comments where they said "I think" SAMCO1 did this or that, and I know for a fact they are making it up. And for anyone that received a book that had a problem, or was over graded or had undisclosed restoration, or claim they 'never' received a book purchased from us, it is ludicrous to say we did nothing, when even Ebay  and Paypal offers a guarantee to protect you, even though our guarantee is much better, I can honestly say that anyone who has complained in this post has not tried to fix the problem or tried calling me. My phone number is always listed on every purchase.  Rather than being a happy customer, some people carry such a 'chip on their shoulder', they want to portray themselves as a 'poor victim' when the opportunity arises. It must make them feel superior when they can complain and trample on the reputation of someone else. It baffles me of the folly of people who would WANT to be a 'bitter buyer' that says "never will buy again" instead of a satisfied collector. 

I challenge anyone that has made a negative comment about SAMCO1, to call me and explain why they did not choose a positive resolution to any problem they could have had. We offer the best guarantee around. If you're going to write something negative about us, at least be MAN enough to call me and explain why you did not allow us to fix your problem. We are not just a reputable seller, we are the BEST there is. My eBay feedback speaks for itself. All those old comments that said "I don't know how SAMCO1 gets such high feedback?"

Welcome to the boards.  This should prove interesting.

9 hours ago, Rick & Cece said:

I wasn't quite tuned into your shltty grading when I made my first (and only) purchase from you, but became real acquainted with your shltty packaging! :thumbsup: :yourbutt:

Edited by lizards2

If there was an oversight or mistake and the seller makes an effort to correct it and make things right I am appreciative of their effort and more than willing to give them another chance.

But when I purchase from a seller and there is a big discrepancy in the grade assigned and it goes beyond one item then I am done with that seller regardless of their willingness to make things right.  My time is too valuable to be spent going back and forth with individuals whose business model may or may not be based around over-grading or failing to disclose imperfections or restoration with a book.