• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA books from the *spoon* Winters collection...

60 posts in this topic

Has anyone here on the boards acquired any of the books from the Winters collection that was offered recently? Mostly nice mid-grade+ books but with exceptional page quality, many with White pages. It's obviously not an official CGC recognized pedigreed collection but many books with " Winters" written on the covers in pencil were recently offered and these books I believe were all original owner books and all acquired together by one dealer. hm

Edited to say: I just noted the first name of Mr. Winters comes up as *spoon* so let's just call him Richard. ;)

Someone reported in another thread that it is an entirely different Richard Winters. He is in his 90s and selling his books he bought for 10 cents a piece.

For those of us behind the times, where was this collection originally offered and are any of the books still available?

-Rob-

I haven't seen any new listings from the seller, so my guess is he has sold them all.

Since I already have a 9.0 copy of 'Tec 46, this one is probably expendable at some point. But it sure is a sweet book for a 7.0, and without question, un-fooled-around with, as the non-color breaking wear is discernable through the holder.

Last Sunday, Ciorac and Shiverbones visited me and we had a great time. As we were going through some of my books, they pointed out the " Winters" signature on a couple I had gotten recently off of eBay. I always enjoy the early reprint comics, and " Winters" just makes them more interesting.

Richard

ComicsParade30DickWintersemail.jpg

ComicsParade31DickWintersemail.jpg

Last Sunday, Ciorac and Shiverbones visited me and we had a great time. As we were going through some of my books, they pointed out the " Winters" signature on a couple I had gotten recently off of eBay. I always enjoy the early reprint comics, and " Winters" just makes them more interesting.

Richard

ComicsParade30DickWintersemail.jpg

ComicsParade31DickWintersemail.jpg

Hey Rich :hi:

Thanks for posting them.

Did someone mention Superman #9?

Superman09_CGCVG45.jpg

Red Fury;

Now that's a pretty nice looking book for only a 4.5 condiction grade, even with the minot tears.

Congrats on picking up what must have been a steal! (thumbs u

The auction photos were small, so it was hard to tell how nice it was. But it had White pages and the edges looked pretty sharp, so I bid on it. Of course, when it arrived in the mail I was very happy with it!

:banana:

I didn't win this Action 23 but it sure looks like a nice copy out of the "Richard" Winters collection... :cloud9:

Action_23.jpg

wow, when was that one up for bidding? can't believe I missed it (shrug)

I didn't win this Action 23 but it sure looks like a nice copy out of the "Richard" Winters collection... :cloud9:

Action_23.jpg

wow, when was that one up for bidding? can't believe I missed it (shrug)

ebay, ended Feb. 8th.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120372339496

figures, I was in NY Con with no internet doh!