• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you think the Action#1 CGC1.8 will go for in next CC auction??

86 posts in this topic

PQ describes the spectrum seen on a book. If the edges are tan and the center is white, you can get a "tan to white", theoretically. "Cream to off white" does not imply a single quality, but rather a spectrum.

CGC has seen comics with White and Off-white pages but, to my knowledge, they have not seen a Cream or Lt Tan paged comic. Nor a Lt Tan to Cream.

there are several books out there designated as just "cream" or just Tan....here is an example of each (I have others , but figure 1 is enough)

det1.7731a.jpg

det1.7730a.jpg

I don't think I've seen those page qualities on a new label by itself.

PQ describes the spectrum seen on a book. If the edges are tan and the center is white, you can get a "tan to white", theoretically. "Cream to off white" does not imply a single quality, but rather a spectrum.

CGC has seen comics with White and Off-white pages but, to my knowledge, they have not seen a Cream or Lt Tan paged comic. Nor a Lt Tan to Cream.

there are several books out there designated as just "cream" or just Tan....here is an example of each (I have others , but figure 1 is enough)

det1.7731a.jpg

det1.7730a.jpg

I have one new lable example of Cream pages (if I can find it)... but, the others are all old label (thumbs u

det1.7731a.jpg

det1.7730a.jpg

I have one new lable example of Cream pages (if I can find it)... but, the others are all old label (thumbs u

Oh ok. I thought this was one of them that CGC revised, but it's good to know that they still do it

i would assume that if a book is uniformly colored throughout, that is the PQ desig it will get

we see it with white, and just ow...no reason that a book can't be cream or tan all the way through too (thumbs u

This is my old MMC #9 1.5 to compare. Unbelievable how different a low grade copy can look. I wonder if the cover being attached on the Action and the cover detached on my old #9 keeps them in their respective grades.

Anybody else have any more 1.5/1.8/2.0 books to post to compare?

marvelmystery9.jpg

great back story...apparently this book belonged to 2 brothers, it was bought off the newstand...one just recently passed away in Nov, and the other, now 79, is consigning the copy for sale...great OO provenance on this book (thumbs u

This is my old MMC #9 1.5 to compare. Unbelievable how different a low grade copy can look. I wonder if the cover being attached on the Action and the cover detached on my old #9 keeps them in their respective grades.

marvelmystery9.jpg

Here's my 1.5, and it's a very nice 1.5 if I may say so.

superman17frontcgc.jpg

75 to 80k in this environment.

And I thought that my guess may have been low. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a bit higher than that (hence my estimate), even in this environment, because at 1.8, it will be accessible to a wider audience, and a lot of collectors just want to own a copy, and this may be the only grade they have a shot all...

Of course I just wanted to get a guess in before Gator comes here and "tells us" how much it will sell for (he's usually pretty good at guessing these things!).

lol I might keep quiet on this one

It will go for Gator+$200!!!

Probably right, unless Gator doesn't post his "range" this time. Then perhaps it will be a fair fight

oh wait.....he already did....

doh!

And I thought that my guess may have been low. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a bit higher than that (hence my estimate), even in this environment, because at 1.8, it will be accessible to a wider audience, and a lot of collectors just want to own a copy, and this may be the only grade they have a shot all...

Of course I just wanted to get a guess in before Gator comes here and "tells us" how much it will sell for (he's usually pretty good at guessing these things!).

Probably right, unless Gator doesn't post his "range" this time. Then perhaps it will be a fair fight

doh!

no I didn't...no where will you find a post with what range I think this copy will sell for... lol

det1.7731a.jpg

det1.7730a.jpg

Oh ok. I thought this was one of them that CGC revised, but it's good to know that they still do it

Here is a new label "cream" (note, image stolen from Vtcomics)

showcase8cgc.jpg

det1.7731a.jpg

det1.7730a.jpg

Here is a new label "cream" (note, image stolen from Vtcomics)

showcase8cgc.jpg

cool...that might have been the one I was thinking of...thank you greg!

doh!

no I didn't...no where will you find a post with what range I think this copy will sell for... lol

Musta edited your post! :baiting:

But if you didn't, I am proud of you. It's about time you stopped dropping your drawers everytime you are going to bid on a book

lol

Unbelievable how different a low grade copy can look.

Hey Roy;

How about a 2.5 since it's just slightly outside your listed grade range?

Since I am terrible (or maybe don't have the software), can you post the 2.5 copy of Green lantern #30 from the summer Heritage auction back in 2007?

A definite beater of a book compared to that 2.5 graded copy of Action Comics #1. lol

doh!

But if you didn't, I am proud of you. It's about time you stopped dropping your drawers everytime you are going to bid on a book

lol

yep, did so right after we talked lol

doh!

lol

I thought so! Might be too late though.

doh!

lol

I thought so! Might be too late though.

nope, post was edited within 1 minute of me posting...