• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Just so everyone that collects Crow knows, I posted this proposal in the registry section.

So what's the thoughts on having three Crow sets to meet various needs like the Walking Dead collectors have done?

- Set 1: The core books that launched The Crow (no side stories, previews, reprints, etc.). So Caliber Presents 1 and Crow 1-4.

- Set 2: All the books tied to the early Crow appearances, including Deadworld #10, A Caliber Christmas #1, Caliber Presents #15, Death Rattle Vol. 3 #3, and I hope Crow Tundra #3 since it completes the first chapter. But no reprints.

- Set 3: Anything-everything Crow that is graded, including reprints, later series, etc. This way, a die-hard Crow fan can capture all of their books in one registry, including later stories.

Would that work?

Since this would impact the two existing Crow sets, I didn't want anyone surprised, nor not provide time to contribute feedback in advance of any decision.

So far we have four people supporting this idea, but I don't consider that a final decision yet (Peter Palmer, Devilsrain, Newenglandgothic, and myself).

sounds reasonable.

Just so everyone that collects Crow knows, I posted this proposal in the registry section.

So what's the thoughts on having three Crow sets to meet various needs like the Walking Dead collectors have done?

- Set 1: The core books that launched The Crow (no side stories, previews, reprints, etc.). So Caliber Presents 1 and Crow 1-4.

- Set 2: All the books tied to the early Crow appearances, including Deadworld #10, A Caliber Christmas #1, Caliber Presents #15, Death Rattle Vol. 3 #3, and I hope Crow Tundra #3 since it completes the first chapter. But no reprints.

- Set 3: Anything-everything Crow that is graded, including reprints, later series, etc. This way, a die-hard Crow fan can capture all of their books in one registry, including later stories.

Would that work?

Since this would impact the two existing Crow sets, I didn't want anyone surprised, nor not provide time to contribute feedback in advance of any decision.

So far we have four people supporting this idea, but I don't consider that a final decision yet (Peter Palmer, Devilsrain, Newenglandgothic, and myself).

sounds reasonable.

Everyone seems to be agreeing on the idea of setting up the three sets ... what we're currently discussing is whether Deadworld #10 (whose sole connection to the Crow universe is a back cover ad) belongs in the "early Crow appearances" set or in the catch-all "Anything-everything Crow" set (or both). So, basically, whether an ad should be considered an "appearance" or not.

Everyone seems to be agreeing on the idea of setting up the three sets ... what we're currently discussing is whether Deadworld #10 (whose sole connection to the Crow universe is a back cover ad) belongs in the "early Crow appearances" set or in the catch-all "Anything-everything Crow" set (or both). So, basically, whether an ad should be considered an "appearance" or not.

No matter how you want to look at this, Deadworld #10 was taken out of the 1st set to meet a collecting need, but requested in the 2nd set (and supported by 4 registry holders) to meet another group's desires.

Adding this additional drag on finalizing a group decision just comes across as unnecessary. But to keep it professional, and show what is truly going on here, I'll let the votes make the decision.

No matter how you want to look at this, Deadworld #10 was taken out of the 1st set to meet a collecting need, but requested in the 2nd set (and supported by 4 registry holders) to meet another group's desires.

Adding this additional drag on finalizing a group decision just comes across as unnecessary. But to keep it professional, and show what is truly going on here, I'll let the votes make the decision.

Deadworld #10 was never going to be included in the 1st set because, as Gemma pointed out, CGC doesn't consider ads to be appearances. As such it doesn't belong in the 2nd set (entitled "early Crow appearances") either. Professionally speaking, of course.

Everyone seems to be agreeing on the idea of setting up the three sets

I don't have a dog in this fight (yet) but you mean a fourth set? There are three Crow sets in the registry now.

Charlie, the second set would potentially be altered based on what the group wants.

Deadworld #10 was never going to be included in the 1st set because, as Gemma pointed out, CGC doesn't consider ads to be appearances. As such it doesn't belong in the 2nd set (entitled "early Crow appearances") either. Professionally speaking, of course.

Why of course - professional versus character attacks are the better way to go.

If a preview or prototype can be added to registry sets like Goon, Hellboy, Invincible, Mouse Guard, and Walking Dead, why not this book in the Crow second set that would contain all early appearances from the Chapter One period, and supported by 4 out of 6 Crow registry set owners?

DW10_98_fc.jpg

DW10_98_bc.jpg

Registry points.

It is very clear the main concern is 88 points you would have to track down. Will there be another 9.8 candidate - of course. Most of us have proven many books considered unattainable or rare to track down in high grade really means they didn't come out of someone's raw collection yet. It just takes patience and timing.

And this is not an attack on your character like what happened to me - the registry sets are a competition. You are just trying to take the competitive approach of blocking this book to maintain the lead in two sets. But if I gave in on Dime Press #4 (Hellboy's prototype appearance) being added to a set, I'm not seeing why this book shouldn't be added other than a competitive stance.

Hopefully we have the chance to hear from Mikelutes and Detroit Mike on this recommendation. But at least we are agreed on three sets and the majority of what should be in these sets. Amen, it just comes down to a discussion concerning one book.

:applause:

Professionally speaking, is it really necessary to have this going in the Crow thread? Everything that needs to get done is getting done in the Registry thread. It was certainly an OK idea to get the word out in this thread, if there was going to be any more input, but there is no need to gum up this thread with more gnashing of teeth.

Professionally speaking, is it really necessary to have this going in the Crow thread? Everything that needs to get done is getting done in the Registry thread. It was certainly an OK idea to get the word out in this thread, if there was going to be any more input, but there is no need to gum up this thread with more gnashing of teeth.

Mmmmm...gum...

On a totally unrelated note, someone wrote to me today that they got a 9.8 CP #1 this week from CGC, which would make it the first new 9.8 Blue in over 2.5 years.

We'll see...

April 2010 = one CP 1 CGC Universal 9.8

On a totally unrelated note, someone wrote to me today that they got a 9.8 CP #1 this week from CGC, which would make it the first new 9.8 Blue in over 2.5 years.

We'll see...

Not unless a label was turned in.

Was a label turned in?

We'll see...

Not unless a label was turned in.

Was a label turned in?

I submitted it raw and received it back at that time with a fellow CGC 9.6 WP. Odd that it doesn't come up.

hm

I'm watching the Crow on bluray...10 bucks at walmarts...

Looks and sounds fantastic.

Kev, do you really see the difference?

Someone had told me recently it just looked like the same movie with no difference in sounds or video quality.

Do they have a decent set up?

The picture is even better than the HD streaming version on Netflix and the sound is many times better. If they are using a PS3 they need to make sure they are sending out the digital signal instead of analog for the sound. It makes a huge difference.

Here are some screen shots and reviews: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Crow-Blu-ray/24516/

I'm watching the Crow on bluray...10 bucks at walmarts...

Looks and sounds fantastic.

Kev, do you really see the difference?

Someone had told me recently it just looked like the same movie with no difference in sounds or video quality.

Stepping up to HD is one of those things you don't really notice until a year later when you pop in an old DVD and feel like you're getting bad reception on the rabbit ear antenna