• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

In case you guys wanted to read all these book, this guy has every comic here to read:

The Crow Comics

Useful to see what is contained in the books you're still missing from your sets as well. (Or in your sets but don't want to crack that case open :D )

Nice!

I have a TPB I've worn out over the years.

Death Rattle #3

1 9.8

That's it.

Once again, this can't be correct, right?!?!!

Crow #3 (Tundra)

0 9.8's

1 9.6

If the Census is right on some of these, my mind is blown.

And how much did that top-rated Crow #3 (Tundra) sell for on Heritage?

J15aze6.jpg

:frustrated:

I happened across this a few years back when searching Heritage's database for Crow books.

Death Rattle #3

1 9.8

That's it.

Once again, this can't be correct, right?!?!!

Crow #3 (Tundra)

0 9.8's

1 9.6

If the Census is right on some of these, my mind is blown.

And how much did that top-rated Crow #3 (Tundra) sell for on Heritage?

J15aze6.jpg

:frustrated:

I happened across this a few years back when searching Heritage's database for Crow books.

Oh... Barf... lol

lol

I couldn't believe it. But then again yes I can when books like Aliens 1 CGC 9.8 sold for $25 one time during that period where Copper Age books were considered 'too new' to be worth much.

:ohnoez:

In case you guys wanted to read all these book, this guy has every comic here to read:

The Crow Comics

Useful to see what is contained in the books you're still missing from your sets as well. (Or in your sets but don't want to crack that case open :D )

That's totally legal. lol

The Crow Comics

That's totally legal. lol

He's good though, at the bottom he specifies that no copyright is intended and all the images are used expressly without the permission of their owners.

To be honest I think it's a Russian owner which is why they have that translated edition on there, so they probably don't have to worry about copyright suits coming down on them.

He's good though, at the bottom he specifies that no copyright is intended and all the images are used expressly without the permission of their owners.

To be honest I think it's a Russian owner which is why they have that translated edition on there, so they probably don't have to worry about copyright suits coming down on them.

Great! The Crow will now have caused an international copyright incident.

:ohnoez:

Well, I decided to sell some of my CGC and raw Crow dupes/undercopies so I figure I would show off while I still can. I guess I could put this under the hoards topic but I think that you guys may be the only ones who would appreciate it!

I found out about the Crow when I was about 12. Tundra re-released it and I bought each issue off the shelves as they came out. I loved it so much that over the years I would always pick up the original Caliber issues whenever I came across them. I recall thinking it was cool that James O'Barr was also from Michigan.

I've actually already sold a few runs of the series and 4 copies of Caliber Presents 1 so this picture isn't exactly complete, but it's everything I have from Caliber that is Crow related at this time. Enjoy!

-William

DSC00498.jpg

Then there is this collection that never made it into the registry.

William, you are amazing!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Haha. I love you Nick!

My collection was so young and naive. At the time there were no 9.8 #1's, I had the only #2 9.8, there was only one other #3 9.6 (no 9.8's), and only 3 #4 9.8's. I honestly had been looking for high grade copies for so long (pre cgc/mass internet) that I wasn't sure there would be many more to surface...

Then that green #1 9.8 came which Chris snagged quickly, and then you became a Crow 9.8 finding machine!!! (worship)

Even though the numbers in high grade are still relatively low, I am still amazed at the beautiful copies collectors/board members have been able to find! Proud to be part of the group.

I don't post on here enough, but I do love seeing all the posts and continued Crow love in this thread!

Well, I decided to sell some of my CGC and raw Crow dupes/undercopies so I figure I would show off while I still can. I guess I could put this under the hoards topic but I think that you guys may be the only ones who would appreciate it!

I found out about the Crow when I was about 12. Tundra re-released it and I bought each issue off the shelves as they came out. I loved it so much that over the years I would always pick up the original Caliber issues whenever I came across them. I recall thinking it was cool that James O'Barr was also from Michigan.

I've actually already sold a few runs of the series and 4 copies of Caliber Presents 1 so this picture isn't exactly complete, but it's everything I have from Caliber that is Crow related at this time. Enjoy!

-William

DSC00498.jpg

Then there is this collection that never made it into the registry.

William, you are amazing!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Haha. I love you Nick!

My collection was so young and naive. At the time there were no 9.8 #1's, I had the only #2 9.8, there was only one other #3 9.6 (no 9.8's), and only 3 #4 9.8's. I honestly had been looking for high grade copies for so long (pre cgc/mass internet) that I wasn't sure there would be many more to surface...

Then that green #1 9.8 came which Chris snagged quickly, and then you became a Crow 9.8 finding machine!!! (worship)

Even though the numbers in high grade are still relatively low, I am still amazed at the beautiful copies collectors/board members have been able to find! Proud to be part of the group.

I don't post on here enough, but I do love seeing all the posts and continued Crow love in this thread!

I must say. (worship)

Haha. I love you Nick!

Great to see you on here again.

(worship)

Haha. I love you Nick!

Great to see you on here again.

(worship)

Same.

:hi:

Just bought NM first printings of 1,3,4 on ebay for $75 shipped. I'm stoked!

Sadly I got the books today. They were in great condition. My heart dropped when I saw "second printing" on the inside of issue 1 and 3. Sigh.

On that note I'm looking to buy The Crow #1 first printing from the original series if anyone has one for sale in nice condition. :(

Sadly I got the books today. They were in great condition. My heart dropped when I saw "second printing" on the inside of issue 1 and 3. Sigh.

On that note I'm looking to buy The Crow #1 first printing from the original series if anyone has one for sale in nice condition. :(

:(

Sorry to hear this. That is never a fun time.

Another hint of Crow 3 being a later printing - the cover is extra glossy on the later printings.

:foryou:

:(

Sorry to hear this. That is never a fun time.

Another hint of Crow 3 being a later printing - the cover is extra glossy on the later printings.

:foryou:

I can't believe what these books are going for lately.I saw a Crow #1 1st print at Wonder-Con selling for 200 dollars in only VF condition(spine issues on a black book). There was only one copy in the whole show.