• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Deadworld%2010%20back%20cover%20large.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Chris, do you have this matted and framed or stored away in some sort of vault? I can only imagine what someone would do if they were the owner of something so great. :cloud9:

If you have it matted and framed, I'd love to see pictures of it. :)

Chris, do you have this matted and framed or stored away in some sort of vault? I can only imagine what someone would do if they were the owner of something so great. :cloud9:

A friend of mine is a professional framer and he's agreed to give it the treatment it deserves. I've had to wait for him to have the time and materials.

A friend of mine is a professional framer and he's agreed to give it the treatment it deserves. I've had to wait for him to have the time and materials.

I am in awe of this Chris. (worship)

Thanks.....

I've loved the Crow since it first came out.

I've picked up these pieces over the years too..

One of the few two page spreads in the entire original story....this is Eric confronting T-Bird and his gang just before the big climax:

Large scan...so I put it in spoiler tags

CrowSpread_zps9c311d06.jpg

This piece I picked up several years ago as well....

The extra bullets denote when O'barr made changes to the piece for other uses, Cover, Print, T-shirt.

CaliberPresents1Obarrfinal_zps7de4e93b.jpg

This piece I picked up several years ago as well....

The extra bullets denote when O'barr made changes to the piece for other uses, Cover, Print, T-shirt.

CaliberPresents1Obarrfinal_zps7de4e93b.jpg

Wholly cow! (worship)

Chris you are my new hero.

Yep, it's me.

I also inked The Realm for Caliber starting with issue #16.

I was around during the formation of Caliber and the very first meetings at Gary Reeds comic shop with Gary, Vince Locke, Guy Davis, Mark Bloodworth, Jim O'Barr and Randy Zimmerman.

We would all meet once or twice a month and bring our current artwork to show off to each other. It was an amazing inspiration to see the beginnings of The Crow before anyone else had ever seen them it at all. The beginning of the wonderful series Baker Street vy Guy Davis who wanted so desperately to be separated from his pencilling work on The Realm. Just so much talent in one single room for 5 or 6 hours at a time...talking shop, discussing artwork techniques etc....an unbelievable and inspirational time for me back when I was a tiny little 16 or 17 years old.

Ah...the good ol' days =)

Thanks for remembering me though! That actually meant a lot to me. I really appreciate it =)

:o

You were 16-17 at the time? What a way to break into comics at such a young age. Right at the heat of the Black & White Boom.

(worship)

Caliber wasn't around until 1988, and the "heat" of the B&W boom was 1986. By 1988, it was long over.

And yes, Caliber Presents was originally High Caliber.

If you have me on ignore, then please keep it that way. We are much better off like that, and you follow your own advice to the rest of the forum.

I would definitely encourage you to contact the moderation team and ask for a "full ignore" function on the board...that way, responses quoted aren't seen, either.

Meanwhile, my comments weren't personal attacks; I am simply correcting misinformation, which is necessary. I could have passively responded "to nobody", but that wouldn't have been very honest.

If you have me on ignore, then please keep it that way. We are much better off like that, and you follow your own advice to the rest of the forum.

is the above comment directed at me?

If so, I'm confused as to why.

I don't have anyone here on ignore.

please let me know.

best

Jason Moore

No, I'm pretty sure It's directed ar RMA.

Correct!

If you put someone on ignore, and preach to others about sticking to your principles when taking such action, then walk the talk.

The "talk" has to do with trying to pick a fight/be snarky. It is not, therefore, inconsistent to "the walk" to reply if one is not doing that.

Yep, it's me.

I also inked The Realm for Caliber starting with issue #16.

I was around during the formation of Caliber and the very first meetings at Gary Reeds comic shop with Gary, Vince Locke, Guy Davis, Mark Bloodworth, Jim O'Barr and Randy Zimmerman.

We would all meet once or twice a month and bring our current artwork to show off to each other. It was an amazing inspiration to see the beginnings of The Crow before anyone else had ever seen them it at all. The beginning of the wonderful series Baker Street vy Guy Davis who wanted so desperately to be separated from his pencilling work on The Realm. Just so much talent in one single room for 5 or 6 hours at a time...talking shop, discussing artwork techniques etc....an unbelievable and inspirational time for me back when I was a tiny little 16 or 17 years old.

Ah...the good ol' days =)

Thanks for remembering me though! That actually meant a lot to me. I really appreciate it =)

:o

You were 16-17 at the time? What a way to break into comics at such a young age. Right at the heat of the Black & White Boom.

(worship)

Caliber wasn't around until 1988, and the "heat" of the B&W boom was 1986. By 1988, it was long over.

And yes, Caliber Presents was originally High Caliber.

I would definitely encourage you to contact the moderation team and ask for a "full ignore" function on the board...that way, responses quoted aren't seen, either.

Meanwhile, my comments weren't personal attacks; I am simply correcting misinformation, which is necessary. I could have passively responded "to nobody", but that wouldn't have been very honest.

Although I meant to say 'heat of the Copper Age' but got focused on the Black & White books of the time, I'd hardly call that 'misinformation'. Like you had to protect the forum from some lie being spread.

Now move along and do whatever it is you do.

C'mon boys be nice to each other. (tsk)

I wasn't aware that I wasn't.

:shrug:

Although I meant to say 'heat of the Copper Age' but got focused on the Black & White books of the time, I'd hardly call that 'misinformation'. Like you had to protect the forum from some lie being spread.

Thank you for correcting your statement. There was no malice on my part, nor should any be inferred. I'm only interested in the facts.

:)

Thank you for correcting your statement. There was no malice on my part, nor should any be inferred. I'm only interested in the facts.

:)

Me too.

Ignore is a wonderful thing, if one has the strength of character to actually do it. So long as someone you are ignoring isn't trying to get your attention or engage you in some way, actively or passively, there's no problem.

So I am assuming you have me off ignore, because a fact-based individual would also have the strength of character to stand by their principles. Right?

Sorry for coming back and asking more dumb questions.

Received the comics from the seller and....the #1 is a 2nd print, even after asking multiple times to confirm it was a first.

On the #2 and the #3: Are the subsequent printings of these done the same way, with a very explicit "XXX" printing at the bottom of the inside cover? (Whereas a first print says nothing extra?)

Or are there other things to look out for?

Sorry for coming back and asking more dumb questions.

Received the comics from the seller and....the #1 is a 2nd print, even after asking multiple times to confirm it was a first.

On the #2 and the #3: Are the subsequent printings of these done the same way, with a very explicit "XXX" printing at the bottom of the inside cover? (Whereas a first print says nothing extra?)

Or are there other things to look out for?

Yes, they're all noted as later printings in the indicia.

Thanks. Went back through again and confirmed printings. Guess I'm on the lookout for a 1 and 4 now.

That sucks,good luck in your search. I don't know if Bosco has any,but you could ask. He hooked me up on a Crow set a couple of years ago. I continue to use him for my Crow needs. (thumbs u