• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,316 posts in this topic

I don't have the Gilmore books, but I've bought a few collected representations, including the Starhead comic format ones, though I'll buy superhero themed individual ones now and then. I put a cap of $25 on what I'll spend, and usually it's far less.

That Starhead series was pretty bizarre in the way it came in various shapes and sizes, so to speak. As far as I can tell there were nine issues and I think I got them all. Do you know if that is indeed the case?

Mine are tucked away in one of my jumble of UG boxes, but that sounds about right.

If anyone needs one, I have an Excel listing of all items listed by Kennedy and some missing UG essentials and a few UK items. Over 4200 items, first by Kennedy number and then by alphabetical order.

Drop me a PM, if you're interested.

Edited by dannyboycheapyboy

Regarding Skip Williamson, here's a post from his wife/girl friend posted today.

"Dear Skip's friends,

Skip hasn't posted in a while because he's recovering from heart failure. He's been home for a week now after having been hospitalized for nearly a week due to that fact. I apologize wholeheartedly for not having told you all sooner; please forgive my tendency to withdraw when I'm emotionally wounded. Seeing my love in such frail condition isn't easy, but I'm doing everything in my power to bring him through the road of recovery so that he can be himself again. Please keep the positive vibes going for us <3 !!

Love and Hugs,

Adrienne."

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Regarding Skip Williams, here's a post from his wife/girl friend posted today.

There's a Skip Williams? Do you mean Williamson? If I'm wrong where would I find material by this other Skip?

Oopsy. Skip Williams, Robert Williamson, Skip Williamson, Robert Williams.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Regarding Skip Williams, here's a post from his wife/girl friend posted today.

There's a Skip Williams? Do you mean Williamson? If I'm wrong where would I find material by this other Skip?

Oopsy.

Snat!

Charles Burns' new book Last Look came out today. Saw a LCS near that is selling it for 30% off the $30 price so I was considering going to buy it tomorrow when I came across this deal too good to pass up. A signed and numbered (limited to 200) with a bookplate for $40 (+$10 S/h). http://cbldf.myshopify.com/products/last-look-gn-signed-by-charles-burns

Charles Burns' new book Last Look came out today. Saw a LCS near that is selling it for 30% off the $30 price so I was considering going to buy it tomorrow when I came across this deal too good to pass up. A signed and numbered (limited to 200) with a bookplate for $40 (+$10 S/h). http://cbldf.myshopify.com/products/last-look-gn-signed-by-charles-burns

If only I didn't already have the 3 hardcovers I'd be jumping on that edition right there with you. Hope he does another book tour for the collection so I can get my set properly blessed by him! Enjoy! It's a terrific piece of work!!!

Was just reminded regarding Comix related with music question that didn't Raw #4 come with a flexidisc? Was that mentioned? (Also, not UG related, but didn't Steve Rude's Nexus #3 of the original series also come with a flexidisc?)

No, it was not mentioned. I was aware of the disc and actually have it. Again, wasn't played by me due to a lack of a record player, so I cannot determine its content.

If IRC, the disc's recording is not musical in nature, but has samplings of various Reagan speeches. Unless, it contains a version of Rappin' Ronnie it wouldn't count as an UG with an association with the recording industry/rock group.

Until someone plays these things we will never know. Guy, you're one of the more veteran members of this discussion group. You should take full advantage of your senior status and assign some important homework to some our newer members. Let's say anyone with less than 50 posts.

Another rock music based UG promotional is Flash Fearless versus The Zorg Women parts 5 & 6.

Put out by Chrysalis Records in 1975, as a comic super hero come to life, musical concept album that featured many artists including: Alice Cooper and John Entwhistle.

A comic giveaway was featured as part of the package. Two Canadians living in England at the time were responsible for its writing and illustration.

Have a look, while you can, I would say it would classify as a true UG:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLASH-FEARLESS-VERSUS-THE-ZORG-WOMEN-PARTS-5-6-UK-1975-LP-COMIC-WHO-COOPER-/401187570165?hash=item5d68a481f5:g:oJQAAOSw7XZXhnNB

Was the Weird Tales of the Ramones' comic that came with one of their sets mentioned? (Also, did I just see that there's a Archie meets the Ramones coming out soon?)

The only reason why it shouldn't make the list is its later creation date of 2005. It really should either be in or contemporary to Kennedy.

That's hilarious:

http://archiecomics.com/archie-sdcc-archie-meets-ramones-in-rockin-new-crossover-comic/

Which "Ramone" is still alive and selling out? Must be a third cousin heir. Wait for the Prince merch to start showing up.

If we're talking Rock and underground comix, I would think the several different Residents comics would qualify. From Matt Howarth's many Residents-themed books to the Freak Show trade put out by Dark Horse. Some of my favorite items in my collection.

I've seen these show up separately occasionally on eBay, but I don't recall them together in a set. Is this a full set? Seems like a good buy to me. I bought a set and see he's listed it again so he's got more than one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fabulous-Furry-Freak-Brothers-Money-/142140685828?hash=item21183ebe04:g:sbAAAOSwiO9XiTdy

I've seen these show up separately occasionally on eBay, but I don't recall them together in a set. Is this a full set? Seems like a good buy to me. I bought a set and see he's listed it again so he's got more than one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fabulous-Furry-Freak-Brothers-Money-/142140685828?hash=item21183ebe04:g:sbAAAOSwiO9XiTdy

I don't like the way the auction is worded. I would be very suspicious of what I would be receiving and how authentic it is.

There are some unbelievable original art pieces listed on Heritage right now. OA from Robert Williams, R Crumb, Gilbert Shelton, Dave Sheridan, Gary Hallgren, Victor Moscoso, Jay Lynch, Skip Williamson, and Rand Holmes. All from the Eric Sack collection. Most of what is listed is by R Crumb.

Really impressive collection, anyone know who Sack is? Wasn't there someone on the old forums called "Lines on Paper"?

And the number of Sack Collection offerings at Heritage keep growing. I never even knew what the cover of Snuk even looked like until today. It's sad to see items that are too expensive for me to own, come up for sale.

Also listed (but was never aware of) are the first 2 issues of the fanzine Meatballs with some Crumb artwork in each. Are these worth collecting? Any current owners care to comment?

Scored a lovely copy of this odd little S. Clay Wilson publication at a local store's 'going out of business, sort of' sale today! Somebody had squirreled it away in a place it wouldn't have been noticed, possibly for later retrieval, but it fell into my greedy little hands....Lots of other interesting items but I thought this was worth commenting upon.....

murder-clay-wilson_zpsu4enjlet.jpg