• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation time - most expensive 1990s books FIVE YEARS from now??

93 posts in this topic

After reading the post after this I am beginning to think there were 2 different Morlocks. Masque is the one that could manipulate a persons skin and make them look different and plague who could heal or cause disease. Is that correct?

Yup. Two different people.

In an attempt to get back on topic is Alpha Flight #107 (I think that was the number of the issue that Northstar came out) worth anything? Is it considered a key? I bet some people who post in here have boxes of that issue. Might be the sleeper comic of the 1990s.

You mean you don't have one?....The price on that one is gonna go through the roof on that issue..... gossip.gifgossip.gif

Nah. I stopped reading Alpha Flight regularly shortly after they killed off the Vindicator in issue #12. After they made his widow the "new" Vindicator I knew there was no hope for the series. They also messed up the character I thought had the most potential "Puck." They gave him some weird origin and I can remember him growing from his normal 3' height to 6'. Didn't Sasquatch (spelling?) turn into a babe as well?

I stopped reading it around then as well. I think the last issue I bought was #13 (Wolverine on the cover?). Why in god's name are they doing an Alpha Flight series for the third time? shocked.gif

I dunno. Like anything else, it could be a good series with the right writer and artist. Same thing with Iron Fist. If I had my way Garth Ennis would write everything Marvel puts out. Well, I may or may not be back on these threads until after X-mas. If not, Merry X-mas.

Nah. I stopped reading Alpha Flight regularly shortly after they killed off the Vindicator in issue #12. After they made his widow the "new" Vindicator I knew there was no hope for the series.

The death knell for that series was when they killed off Sasquatch, then due to popularity, had to bring him back (as Box - bad call Byrne), and then later as Snowbird Sasquatch (even worse - whoever).

Nah. I stopped reading Alpha Flight regularly shortly after they killed off the Vindicator in issue #12. After they made his widow the "new" Vindicator I knew there was no hope for the series.

The death knell for that series was when they killed off Sasquatch, then due to popularity, had to bring him back (as Box - bad call Byrne), and then later as Snowbird Sasquatch (even worse - whoever).

Yet despite it all, I still love AF V.1... cloud9.gif

I think it's because that was the first series that really psychologically abused me like that. You never forget your first.

Exiles rules. Just thought I'd throw that in for you guys who don't believe it yet.

Ororo went punk thanks to the influence of some friend of Wolverine's named Yukio. Happened in one of their Japanese adventures, maybe right after Secret Wars. #172?

Ororo has met up with Yukio again and is busy exploring her "freer" side in the current weekly 4 issue storyarc of X-treme X-men. It's like Mutant Thunderdome/Octagon and Storm is whooping arse... confused-smiley-013.gif

I hope someone else loves it enough to buy my issues off of me at some point.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hope someone else loves it enough to buy my issues off of me at some point.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Damn, 1990's? Ok, how about Spidey 300/301 should hold steady. Ummm, Maybe a variant cover like spidey plat 9.8 when one surfaces? Same for Supes plat 75.Maybe spidey 400 die cut variants (is this 90's). Not sure about DC. I think a better bet is to have a pep rally and burn most of those 90's books. Maybe making them rarer will increase their value since they arent much good for reading. A warehouse of Spidey 1's up in flames would do the job nicely.

Spidey 300 is an 80s book I think.

I think there are late 90s books with definite potential. But everything 1990-1993 does indeed need to be part of a large bonfire. flamed.gif

I generally don't get caught up in the super high grade craze but I'd bet that some of the later ASMs say 420-441 will be harder to come across and thus have some more value. I would've said ASM 441 just on it's own as it's the "last issue" of ASM but that's changed now that they went back to normal numbering. I'm not saying any of them will have huge value either, but I guess they have potential wink.gif

Brian

Ororo went punk thanks to the influence of some friend of Wolverine's named Yukio. Happened in one of their Japanese adventures, maybe right after Secret Wars. #172?

Ororo has met up with Yukio again and is busy exploring her "freer" side in the current weekly 4 issue storyarc of X-treme X-men. It's like Mutant Thunderdome/Octagon and Storm is whooping arse... confused-smiley-013.gif

How bad is life when Claremont is stealing ideas from old Dazzler issues?? sleeping.gif

Spidey 300 is an 80s book I think.

I think there are late 90s books with definite potential. But everything 1990-1993 does indeed need to be part of a large bonfire. flamed.gif

Those are the years of the Pre-Unity Valiants. Seriously though, the print runs on those early Valiants are pretty small.

(I only say this because I just picked up 20 X-O Manowar #1s, 40 #2's, etc. recently for about a dime each. ;-) )