• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics #1 poster?

13 posts in this topic

Cheap and easy to make at Kinkos or your local copy shop. There's a guy that sells 3'x4' posters of classic comic covers at the Boston con for about $15/ea. I'd expect to pay a little more for a one-off at a copy shop, $20-$40 maybe.

They are color but non-glossy. I have an AF15 mounted on foamcore which looks fine in my studio. A little cheap looking for a nice home or apartment, but great in a comics room.

they are saying it's an original advertising poster from 1938
My first reaction is: "Who would such an item be intended for?" There were no comic shops. A newstand would not have room nor would a drugstore. My gut says 99% chance it's not what they say it is. But to be certain, you might ask Action1kid to chime in. He's tops in the Superman ephemera game.

I'm pretty sure this poster was once owned by Joe Shuster. Also, if you look at the back of it with 3-D glasses, a map is revealed that leads you to the current location of the Reilly Nedors, the lost trunk of Rockfords, and the Arc of the Covenant.

they are saying it's an original advertising poster from 1938
politely respond that DC did not make any advertising posters in 1938 (thumbs u

I'm pretty sure this poster was once owned by Joe Shuster. Also, if you look at the back of it with 3-D glasses, a map is revealed that leads you to the current location of the Reilly Nedors, the lost trunk of Rockfords, and the Arc of the Covenant.

Ahh..but you forget... you have to use the decoder pin from Orphan Annie to understand what it is you see through the 3-D glasses.

Cheap and easy to make at Kinkos or your local copy shop. There's a guy that sells 3'x4' posters of classic comic covers at the Boston con for about $15/ea. I'd expect to pay a little more for a one-off at a copy shop, $20-$40 maybe.

They are color but non-glossy. I have an AF15 mounted on foamcore which looks fine in my studio. A little cheap looking for a nice home or apartment, but great in a comics room.

Yeah i saw those. Im gonna pick some up to display in my showroom. They are pretty cool looking.