• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 OSPG top 10

72 posts in this topic

1...af 15...$65k....30% increase

2...ff1...52K (moved from #3 to #2)...27% increase

3...showcase 4..48K....7% increase

4...asm1...44k....10% increase

5...hulk 1...40k...25% increase...

6...xmen1...22k...16% increase

7..jim83..18k....20% increase

7..showcase 8...18k (no change from last years price)

9 ...tos39...15K...20% increase

10....flash 105...$14K....12% increase

and avengers 1 cracks the top 20 at #20

Was there a similar increase in the lower grade copies?

It's interesting how little respect DC SA get's in the marketplace these days...

Was there a similar increase in the lower grade copies?

It's interesting how little respect DC SA get's in the marketplace these days...

haven't looked yet...just looked at the top 20 page

SA DC got nearly 1/3 of the top 10, and considering how little we normally see SA DC sell here... I think they did well :shrug:

I'm surprised to see an increase in X-Men #1, especially a 16% increase as this has been a pretty soft SA Marvel key the past year. Further, where the heck is Avengers 4??? wtf?

Being a DC guy we have always been second, but this is utter domination. It makes you reevaluate what you like. DC Silver age is great stuff and hard to find. It is hard for me to beleive that ASM 1 and Hulk 1 could ever be worth more than SC4 but it looks inevitable.

Being a DC guy we have always been second, but this is utter domination. It makes you reevaluate what you like. DC Silver age is great stuff and hard to find. It is hard for me to beleive that ASM 1 and Hulk 1 could ever be worth more than SC4 but it looks inevitable.

You know what would evit it? A hugely successful, critically acclaimed, crowd pleasing, billion dollar grossing, FLASH movie franchise :grin:

Early SA DCs in high grade (which is only 8.0 for some issues) have a solid market, but there really are only a handful of truly key books (Adventure #247, Showcase #4, #22; B&B #28; Action #242, 252, GL #1, JLA #1 and Flash #105 are iffy IMHO) to choose from. It also hurts value wise that there are not any mega-key Batman or Superman issues from the SA. While DC ruled the GA roost, Marvel ruled the SA.

You could also argue that a lack of sales of 9.2 or better SA DC keys hurts the sales value. When you have multiple copies of Marvel keys selling on a quarterly (if not monthly) basis it is easy to see how the price responds AND have bidders pay more for the next copy. Since 9.0 or better SA DC keys come up for sale so infrequently there really is no accurate way to determine a trend. Just one or two sales can influence the market significantly one way or the other.

Are you kidding me? Showcase #4 was ahead of FF #1 last year?

:eek:

Complete nonsense. Showcase #4 has been overrated for too long.

I agree. A 9.4 Showcase #4 sold for $160K last year. I'm positive that a 9.4 FF #1 and 9.4 Hulk #1 would go for more.

Are you kidding me? Showcase #4 was ahead of FF #1 last year?

:eek:

Complete nonsense. Showcase #4 has been overrated for too long.

I agree. A 9.4 Showcase #4 sold for $160K last year. I'm positive that a 9.4 FF #1 and 9.4 Hulk #1 would go for more.

Yeah...Tom gave Doug $ 175 K and a 9.4 FF 1 for his 9.6 FF 1 copy.....but the scarcity of Showcase 4 is certainly # 1 on the top 10. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just curious, why are so many comic book collectors preoccupied with prices and values

Well, I think when you spend that amount of money on a book, it does get hard not to try and think about the value of your purchase even if you do find a lot of enjoyment from owning it.

Just curious, why are so many comic book collectors preoccupied with prices and values

Many of us have chosen to put some of our retirement money into the things we love....it would be nice to just be a purist...just not realistic as far as I'm concerned.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You forgot Sgt. Rock (OOAW 81, 83, or whatever is considered the "key" these days)

That would be OAAW 83 these days. :gossip: Great book, but still nowhere near the same prices in OSPG as these other books.

Andy