• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Top 100 Phantom Lady

57 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

Wow ... that is a beautiful Phantom Lady .. love the centering ... no cover shift ... right on the money. Great colors and appears fresh with a very sharp spine. What a great great looker ... the book and Phantom Lady. Lights out to Adam Strange.

Gorgeous PL #23! (worship) No doubt #23 is a stunner.

I think much of the appeal of PL #17 is that she's looking right at the reader...makes all the difference for young boys! lol

You make me feel dirty for collecting GGA comics :lol:

I think much of the appeal of PL #17 is that she's looking right at the reader...makes all the difference for young boys! lol

You make me feel dirty for collecting GGA comics :lol:

A little :devil: and (: never hurt anyone! (thumbs u

I actually prefer #23 to #17. Phantom Lady looks very Betty Page-like and her "assets" are well displayed along with the thugs attention to them!

phantom_lady23.JPG

Sell me that book for lots of money please :foryou:

Beat me to the punch. I totally agree, PL #17 is far more hypnotic. Has the character looking right at us, seducing its viewer. Though I don't mind owning the #23 in high grade either.

Question is, when and IF a high grade PL #17 will EVER show up for sale / auction soon or again for that matter ? That's the problem with many of these condition rarity books when comparing them to say a AF #15 which can be found in high-grade (with mid-grade copies trading weekly which builds up interest or hype). There lies the problem with using a guide like Overstreet for these books in high grade. They are rare in high grade to begin with and those best conditioned examples rarely trade in the market place.

A PL #17, Superman #14, or any of those desirable Golden Age covers, there might be only 1 or 2 above CGC 9.0 on the planet and those are probably buried in advanced collections and might not be offered for decades. So how does a guide value such a book at that grade level ? It's impossile.

- Hank

FYI Here's something I found out when I briefly owned a copy of PL17. The cover of PL23 is from a panel in 17, except she is facing left to right and there is no background. The editors at Fox must have flopped the drawing and got another artist to draw the background. If anyone has a raw copy of 17, check it out.

FYI Here's something I found out when I briefly owned a copy of PL17. The cover of PL23 is from a panel in 17, except she is facing left to right and there is no background. The editors at Fox must have flopped the drawing and got another artist to draw the background. If anyone has a raw copy of 17, check it out.

I looked and didn't find a mirror image

One panel was remotely similar

I am very happy to say I currently have no interest in GGA....and my pocketbook is thankful for that.... :applause:

Really? But its just so cool....

StartlingComics48cgc90front.jpg

ThrillingComics64cgc92OWWfront.jpg

That's the beauty of this and other hobbies....everyone dances to the beat of their own drum......personally I wouldn't pay $50 bucks for either of the books above and I know folks would think me crazy.....but then if I posted some of the books I own and the prices I paid....they would know I was crazy lol lol lol

Someone please what are the prices for Phantom Lady 17 in Overstreet 17 ... is the percent increase over last years' Miss Guide ... more on the 17 or did every issue in the run ... move up the same percage ...

Thank you for any and all replies ...