• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen books

50 posts in this topic

Excellent idea on the domain

Know any web goons?

Sorry to hear about the comic. What do you need to get started with the website?

I want to start on the website right away...even just using a template for now.

I agree, excellent idea! Sorry to hear about this mess. :(

Know any web goons?

Sorry to hear about the comic. What do you need to get started with the website?

Is it just the domain name that you have bought?

Some free web hosting links here - most of them have easy to use templates:

http://www.andrewtheteacher.com/web%20hosting.htm

thanks man!

Know any web goons?

Is it just the domain name that you have bought?

Some free web hosting links here - most of them have easy to use templates:

http://www.andrewtheteacher.com/web%20hosting.htm

thanks man!

No worries - if you need any help drop me a line (thumbs u

UPDATE!!! THIS BOOK WAS RECOVERED!

MAJOR KUDOS to http://www.pop-comics.com/ who risked their collective lives to get the books back to me on the day I moved from Sarasota... I just remembered this due to an email and thought I would update this thread! If it were not for their bravery (considering this guy was huge...and seemed kinda mean) I would not have gotten the book back. Unfortunately the suspect cracked the book out of the case..but it still looks in OK shape

Since Silverweb is also involved w/ this book..(he purchased it, decided to return it..and it was stolen before I received it..) he and I have decided to collectively donate the book toward Niks charity auction to make something good come out of it...I will repost when I have details as they are full up right now and asked me to not PM them about it until we know more.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3338891&nt=9&fpart=1

scan0008.jpg

Did it involve a crowbar? Did someone brandish a crowbar???

I bet someone had a crowbar.....

-slym

:roflmao:

i have been having trouble with my postman also. i was out of town for a week and left a note on my apt door to leave any packages at the office and of course he leaves it at my door sitting out for a week. luckily no one messed with it. yesterday i had two raw comics come in and he folded them almost in half to put them in the mail slot although that one was the sellers fault for not putting fragile or do not bend on the package.some people are just insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

i have been having trouble with my postman also. i was out of town for a week and left a note on my apt door to leave any packages at the office and of course he leaves it at my door sitting out for a week. luckily no one messed with it. yesterday i had two raw comics come in and he folded them almost in half to put them in the mail slot although that one was the sellers fault for not putting fragile or do not bend on the package.some people are just insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

you need to find out who the Postmaster is for your deliveries and have a conversation with him, i think.

or get a large PO Box and have comics sent there. i don't think it's a lot of $$ per month for a PO Box that will accommodate packages

You needed to fill out a out of town form that tells the post office to hold your mail until a certain date. The postman can't just hold your mail via post-it.... It's not the postman's fault in this scenario.