• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern comics that deserve "Classic Cover" status?

97 posts in this topic

this is one of my all time favorite covers, which in MY OPINION deserves CLASSIC COVER STATUS...

nnn.jpg

Agreed on this one.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

This is one of my FAVORITE modern covers, but I think it won't be thought of as a classic considering how short lived the "iron-spider" costume was.

The more I look at this cover the more I want it on one of those canvas things that He11blazer posted up not so long back.

Batman686.jpg

To have a classic modern cover, maybe you need a classic artist.

allstarsuperman1.jpg

:sumo: Hiyo!

I can see that as a beautiful classic cover, but how about these...

scan0004-4.jpg

scan0014.jpg

or...

scan0046.jpg

P.S.

Though any of the JSA, Jonah Hex, and those iconic beautiful covers of... The Trials of SHAZAM! by Cascioli

There have been some very beautiful covers produced during the modern age. The improvements in the printing process have allowed the production of mind-boggling colors and a number of comic artists are doing extraordinary work.

The only cover that I am 100% certain will be considered a "classic cover" in 20 years is Todd McFarlane's cover to Spider-Man 1.

I have really enjoyed most of the comvers coming out lately, but the painting covers of single characters in JSA are great. I also like the batman 686 variant cover with alfred

meh Hiyo!

You thought the "single character portraits" of JSA members was great check out these that deserve... "Classic Cover Title":

(Say... BOOM!)

scan0006-4.jpg

(... or, can someone stop that bus for me?)

scan0026-4.jpg

(Sexiest cover ever! Classic!)

scan0020-4.jpg

P.S.

(I love this cover too! This will be a classic for sure though!)

scan0012.jpg

if you add the wolverine 55 variant, you might as well add the L+K Headgames #3 variant..

The best one is really the one with Mickey holding Donald's head. And besides I have an improper interest in Wolverine 55 and Man Who Laughs considering I own the art to both covers.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

and what is the mickey holding donald's head one?

edit: wow, AMAZING CAF gallery :)

:whistle:

77439.jpg.a4e8d1a22bfce0a52820b929fe08cb2c.jpg