• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's going to Wizard World Philadelphia and where are you staying?

167 posts in this topic

I saw the CGC was offering On Site Grading at this convention. I posted a question in the ask CGC section but, does anyone know what this is? I'm not too familiar with conventions...sorry for being such a newb.

Should be for their usual fee of $22.00 a book.

1980-current

I saw the CGC was offering On Site Grading at this convention. I posted a question in the ask CGC section but, does anyone know what this is? I'm not too familiar with conventions...sorry for being such a newb.

Should be for their usual fee of $22.00 a book.

1980-current

So, do you submit a book to them at their site and they grade it on the spot, slab it, and I'd pay there? Can you get any books graded?

22 per book, that's a good deal. I'm assuming that would be for moderns? So how would I go about doing this? Do I print out a form before I go? How long does the grading take? i.e. Could I submit the books say, 10am, and then come back later and pick them up before I left the convention, say around 3pm?

22 per book, that's a good deal. I'm assuming that would be for moderns? So how would I go about doing this? Do I print out a form before I go? How long does the grading take? i.e. Could I submit the books say, 10am, and then come back later and pick them up before I left the convention, say around 3pm?

Just go to the CGC booth at Wizard World Philly. The staff will help you with the form to fill out. They'll even get the comics signed for you by signature witnesses in most cases (some writers and artists won't participate). I usually drop my books off on Friday when the show opens and they are usually ready by the Sunday afternoon of the show. But I get Signature Series books.

I have had nothing but terrific experiences with the CGC staff at WWP. Those folks are helpful, courteous, and most of all professional.

Also, I just read on www.CGCcomics.com that CGC is accepting all tiers for on-site grading!

I hope this is helpful. I had all the same questions a few years ago when I first got into CGCing my comics.

Just go to the CGC booth at Wizard World Philly. The staff will help you with the form to fill out. They'll even get the comics signed for you by signature witnesses in most cases (some writers and artists won't participate). I usually drop my books off on Friday when the show opens and they are usually ready by the Sunday afternoon of the show. But I get Signature Series books.

I have had nothing but terrific experiences with the CGC staff at WWP. Those folks are helpful, courteous, and most of all professional.

Also, I just read on www.CGCcomics.com that CGC is accepting all tiers for on-site grading!

I hope this is helpful. I had all the same questions a few years ago when I first got into CGCing my comics.

Thanks for the help, I very much appreciate the info and clarification. I want to have 5 books graded, my Avengers #1 & #4, Ironman #1, X-men #2, and X-men #9. I'm not looking to have anything signed, just graded. I figure if I submit them first thing Saturday morning, I can pick them up in the afternoon. I'm excited, this being my first submission.

Me too...been thinking about it all week and there's added excitement at the idea of getting a few of my marvel keys graded...

Stop by the booth and let me see your keys book before send them to get graded.

(HighGradeComics)

I cant wait to go back to my city!

Its been 2 years!

Me too...been thinking about it all week and there's added excitement at the idea of getting a few of my marvel keys graded...

(HighGradeComics)

Its been 2 years!

Property value has been up for 2 years hm

(HighGradeComics)

Its been 2 years!

You know it...I'd love to stop by.

Just got an email from WW that they are doing the E-tickets this year. I'm supposed to get an email with the tickets by Friday. I'm starting to get amp'd up for this! I'm still trying to decide which books to submit for onsite grading.

I figure if I can sub my Ironman #1, Avengers #1, and #4 first thing Saturday morning and get em back by the end of they day, I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

Woo! I'm pretty excited for this con!

Yeah, me too...I started getting a bit excited yesterday when I got the email about the tickets. I've had alot of fun at the last two and I expect this one to be no different!

Can't wait to hit up the Reading Terminal for lunch...lol.

Yeah, me too...I started getting a bit excited yesterday when I got the email about the tickets. I've had alot of fun at the last two and I expect this one to be no different!

Reading terminal is the best part of this whole deal!

Yeah, totally! I'm gonna go breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 4th meal there!!!

Yeah, totally! I'm gonna go breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 4th meal there!!!

4th meal? !! :roflmao:

Dinner at the terminal might be tough given that a lot of the vendors close around 6 PM...

However, I recommend going into Chinatown which is very close to the convention center as there are several excellent places at extremely reasonable prices.

If you are looking for more upscale, trendy or nightlife places, let me know and I'm happy to make some recommendations.