• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's going to Wizard World Philadelphia and where are you staying?

167 posts in this topic

I will have to see who else wants to go. I know there will be at least one lunch at the food court downstairs as well. But the food doesnt compare

Any hoagie/cheesesteak places near the con area?

Yes, but I'm not sure if they are any good.. :shrug:

Hey BTK, have you heard of Max's? It's in the Philly hood, but I heard it's better than Geno's.

I have not heard of Max's.. I'll look it up and let you know if it's any good.

Guys -- Pats and Genos do not serve the best cheesesteaks, and it's where the tourists go -- it's pretty well known amongst many "natives" and has been hashed out in several cheesesteak testings (WIP, Craig LaBan food critic for the inquirer etc) that Pat's and Geno's have some of the poorer cheesesteaks we have to offer.

I highly recommend, if you are here on a weekday, John's Roast Pork, Tony Luke's etc.

Read this article, though from 2002, most of the info is still relevant.

http://www.philly.com/philly/travel/visitors_guide/6315427.html

Yep, definitely what Footkiller said.. Pats and Genos DO NOT serve the best steaks in the city. They mainly get their business from tourists. But then again, if you haven't had one before, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. But if you are ever get the chance, definitely try a steak from Tony Luke's!

:news:

I recommend this place as the best Cheesesteaks in all the Land.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=4838

Steve's Prince of Steaks

Guys -- Pats and Genos do not serve the best cheesesteaks, and it's where the tourists go -- it's pretty well known amongst many "natives" and has been hashed out in several cheesesteak testings (WIP, Craig LaBan food critic for the inquirer etc) that Pat's and Geno's have some of the poorer cheesesteaks we have to offer.

I highly recommend, if you are here on a weekday, John's Roast Pork, Tony Luke's etc.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

I'm not going to Wizard World Philadelphia.

I will be staying at the Westin in Charlotte that weekend.

The primary reason for ever going to Philadelphia is to visit the the Museum of Art & see Winslow Homer's The Gulf Stream. I've done that twice now.

Pass.

Tony Luke's = #1 The best!! Get the Steak Raab (misp.?) sangwich.

The primary reason for ever going to Philadelphia is to visit the the Museum of Art & see Winslow Homer's The Gulf Stream. I've done that twice now.

Pass.

Billy: That might be the greatest sig line ever...I'm glad you liked it :thumbsup:

Jim

Pass.

Billy: That might be the greatest sig line ever...I'm glad you liked it :thumbsup:

Jim

Maybe I'll have my friend who's a charlotte ADA have the police swing by and pick up that Canadian and a few of his southern friends... hm

Pass.

Yes. We know you are going to heroes with a minivan full of rednecks. :blahblah:

Just kidding Bill. I wish I could hit heroes, but finances say Philly is the weiner here.

I'm going for the weekend...trying to find some hotels now.

Might consider coming in Thursday...any boardies here with hotel floor space I could crash on Thur/Fri or just Friday night?

I'm going, bringing about 10 friends with me. We are carpooling down the turnpike from north jersey. Can't wait...been to the last two, we've all had a great time. I actually got my grail at the WW last year, my x-men #1...fond memories! Hoping to make some more this year...