• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unbelievable Response from ebay seller....what do you think?

67 posts in this topic

WOW!! I'm surprised he still has an account!!

That's my fear for our fellow boardie. If eBay kills this guy's account, and PayPal suspends his account, will they still cover the claim?

What if the seller withdraws all funds from his account - will PayPal still back any loss with the claim?

Never experienced this situation before, so now I want to know myself.

WOW!! I'm surprised he still has an account!!

That's my fear for our fellow boardie. If eBay kills this guy's account, and PayPal suspends his account, will they still cover the claim?

What if the seller withdraws all funds from his account - will PayPal still back any loss with the claim?

Never experienced this situation before, so now I want to know myself.

In my similar situation, the seller was only PP-covered up to $200, which they awarded me on a $700 transaction. The $200 award was all the proof I needed for a credit card company chargeback against PP, who then went after the seller.

Funny thing is, as much as I'm kind of anti-PP, the chargeback was suggested to me by the PP rep I was dealing with.

The seller is engaging in fraud by altering his image, but it does appear to me that it is evident that the image was cropped in the listing (clear warning sign). He did indicate that the book was a G/VG, which would be a 3.0. A 3.0 is a pretty beat up copy, which certainly does not correspond with his image.

In any event, hopefully the paypal dispute comes through for you :foryou:

Just to play Devil's Advocate here..

Pennynike does bring up an interesting point. "G/VG" does equate to a 3.0 or so. Once I saw the actual scan, it does look like you did receive a book in that condition. Did you actually pay a price comparable to a book in that condition? Did you think that based on the image you were buying an under graded book? I can definitely relate if thats the case.

If the guy was trying to swindle you, he would never have openly admitted to doctoring the image. In his mind it was probably the equivalent to posting a stock photo of the book, which is permissible. If he stated "this is an actual scan of the book" then it is out and out fraud so I'm not trying to defend him, but the above will most certainly be his defense in a dispute.

Cropped image, image looking better than the given grade, stock photo, all red flags and questions should have been asked before bidding on the book. Always CYA

Hope things turn out alright for you bro

Sorry, I think the book is an obvious fair. Not close to a G/VG.