• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Adam Hughes.

41 posts in this topic

:insane:

Ladies and gentlemen, Gene Park is this weeks featured guest on "Comic Art Fans Theater." I just got the email. It kind of reminds of those Dos Equis ads with the "Most Interesting Man in the World".

My favorite part of the entire interview was this very James Bond line: "In fact, most of this questionnaire was filled out while on holiday in Rio de Janeiro."

Stay Thirsty My Friends.

52605_117827_1.jpg

C

:insane:

Ladies and gentlemen, Gene Park is this weeks featured guest on "Comic Art Fans Theater." I just got the email. It kind of reminds of those Dos Equis ads with the "Most Interesting Man in the World".

My favorite part of the entire interview was this very James Bond line: "In fact, most of this questionnaire was filled out while on holiday in Rio de Janeiro."

Stay Thirsty My Friends.

52605_117827_1.jpg

C

I like how he's got one of those slip on Watchmen covers to disguise the fact that he's actually perusing a "gentleman's magazine".

For a long time his sketches were $100 and SDCC sketches were $200 (he gets less done at SDCC because of panels and meetings etc).

Recently he raised sketch prices to $200 for all shows (have not heard the $300 figure before). And even at that price the piece is worth 4-5 times what you paid without breaking a sweat.

C

Chris:

Turns out it was $200.00 at ECCC. Could have sworn I heard it was $300.00, though. I corrected the original post I made, but I wanted to make a formal post indicating you were correct and I was mistaken.

See? Despite what some people say, I CAN admit when I'm incorrect. It's just not my fault that it happens to rarely. ;):roflmao:

Hey James,

It looks your initial post regarding the mistaken "$300" price tag caused a flurry of concerned fans to e-mail Allison in a panic asking whether Adam's prices had gone up - lol!

She's since clarified things at the Hughes-Fans group and reassured people that the price is indeed $200 with the exception of San Diego Comic Con. Best,

Royd

(Owner/Mod Hughes-Fans Yahoo Group)

Chris:

Turns out it was $200.00 at ECCC. Could have sworn I heard it was $300.00, though. I corrected the original post I made, but I wanted to make a formal post indicating you were correct and I was mistaken.

See? Despite what some people say, I CAN admit when I'm incorrect. It's just not my fault that it happens to rarely. ;):roflmao:

Hey James,

It looks your initial post regarding the mistaken "$300" price tag caused a flurry of concerned fans to e-mail Allison in a panic asking whether Adam's prices had gone up - lol!

She's since clarified things at the Hughes-Fans group and reassured people that the price is indeed $200 with the exception of San Diego Comic Con. Best,

Royd

(Owner/Mod Hughes-Fans Yahoo Group)

Heh, that is a bit interesting (and kinda funny). But only insomuch as during the whole sketch flippers debate, I was told that paying for a sketch should be expected and that an artist should charge whatever they feel is fair. Since we all know any sketch from Adam is likely to easily pass the $500-600 mark on eBay, if he did charge $300.00, wouldn't that still qualify as fair? Yet, here you say a lot of fans got "concerned" about a potential price increase. hm

Like I said, it is very interesting (and kinda funny). ;):D The only thing I feel bad about is Allison getting all those frantic emails about it. I certainly never thought something like that would happen. Allison, if you're reading this, my sincerest apologize for that. You and Adam are both good eggs. (thumbs u

Like I said, it is very interesting (and kinda funny). ;):D The only thing I feel bad about is Allison getting all those frantic emails about it. I certainly never thought something like that would happen. Allison, if you're reading this, my sincerest apologize for that. You and Adam are both good eggs. (thumbs u

:signfunny:

I am sure Alison and Adam are very pleased that they have your approval. lol

To be fair - the message from Allison said nothing about fans being "concerned" or "being in a panic." Allison only said that she had received several emails and PMs asking "if the rumors are true."

Being one of those fans who did contact her, I can tell you it was so I could come back here and post confirmation that the price was still $200.

I'm also one of the fans who have told Adam and Alison that they should hike the price on sketches. I'd happily give Adam $300 for one of his con sketches over what other artists do for half that price.

Hi mrpunch0

The "panic" comment was made more in jest given Allison's comments about receiving several PMs, IMs and e-mails. However, given that a number of people contacted her by various means, I'd say that it's fair to suggest that at least a few were concerned regarding a possible price hike increase. Each to his/her own interpretation :)

If I'd seen the original post, I would have confirmed that the price tag is still $200 with the exception of San Diego Comic Con where there is a different price point.

As for whether the pricing should be increased, I've known Adam since 1993 and his generosity is one of his endearing and enduring traits (I for one am grateful to him for art gifts in years past). Holding the price at $200 to allow a greater number of fans the chance to acquire one of his works of art is an example of that generosity (and consideration for his fans). However, I agree that he should consider raising the price in line with what other artists of his stature are charging at cons. Best,

Royd

Mod/Owner Hughes-Fans Yahoo Group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hughes-fans/

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

To be fair - the message from Allison said nothing about fans being "concerned" or "being in a panic." Allison only said that she had received several emails and PMs asking "if the rumors are true."

Being one of those fans who did contact her, I can tell you it was so I could come back here and post confirmation that the price was still $200.

I'm also one of the fans who have told Adam and Alison that they should hike the price on sketches. I'd happily give Adam $300 for one of his con sketches over what other artists do for half that price.

I think I am going to get one in San Jose. I'll see if I can get him to do it cheap.

As far as I know he only has one price for sketches, so I don't know what you mean.

C

I think I am going to get one in San Jose. I'll see if I can get him to do it cheap.

As far as I know he only has one price for sketches, so I don't know what you mean.

C

I think that was code for offering...sexual favors. :gossip:

C

I think that was code for offering...sexual favors. :gossip:

:roflmao: