• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't know about you but with the new CGC changes on May 1st...

187 posts in this topic

I'm going to concentrate on sending in any books in the 1975 to 1979 time period since the date of the modern tier will only be from 1980up starting on May 1st.

Going from $16 to $32 is a big jump in price(if less than 10).

Anybody else doing the same or just don't have any books in the 1975 - 1979 time frame to send in for grading?

Ive decided to concentrate on just Submittign books for SS

Or else buy books allready slabbed

Plus with all the rush submits they will fall even further behind

I'm going to concentrate on sending in any books in the 1975 to 1979 time period since the date of the modern tier will only be from 1980up starting on May 1st.

Going from $16 to $32 is a big jump in price(if less than 10).

Anybody else doing the same or just don't have any books in the 1975 - 1979 time frame to send in for grading?

Yes. The shift in the modern tier is nuts. I have a few books I've been procrastinating on... I'm sending them in and then my submission days are over unless it's for sale purposes.

I'm having trouble locating a box big enough to accommodate all of the 1975-1979 books I'll be sending before the end of the month. :whistle:
You could always ship more then one box...

You've given me much to think about. hm

I'm having trouble locating a box big enough to accommodate all of the 1975-1979 books I'll be sending before the end of the month. :whistle:
You could always ship more then one box...

You've given me much to think about. hm

(thumbs u I am sending 2-3 boxes. I can only afford 20 at a clip.

I would recommend that anyone that works for CGC to please check comics on Ebay from 1975 to 1979. What you will find is that asside from Star Wars 1 35 cent issue, Giant X-Men #1, Iron Fist #14, and Jonah Hex #1 you basically have a glut of books that are now not worth it to grade.

I would recommend that anyone that works for CGC to please check comics on Ebay from 1975 to 1979. What you will find is that asside from Star Wars 1 35 cent issue, Giant X-Men #1, Iron Fist #14, and Jonah Hex #1 you basically have a glut of books that are now not worth it to grade.

:screwy:

+1

Think there is a few more books then that lol

^^

You mean Machine Man #1 hasn't skyrocketed in price? :insane:

In all seriousness, I'm one of the dorks that actually collects books like Machine Man and 2001 in 9.8. This will basically make it almost impossible to find these books slabbed in 9.8 now. Who the hell is going to pay $30 to slab a $35 book? (Actually, a $3 book if it turns out to be a 9.6.)

You mean Machine Man #1 hasn't skyrocketed in price? :insane:

In all seriousness, I'm one of the dorks that actually collects books like Machine Man and 2001 in 9.8. This will basically make it almost impossible to find these books slabbed in 9.8 now.

Are you the one who bought my Machine Man #1 CGC 9.8w on ComicLink for $100 in February?

+1

+2

I will however say there are going to be ALOT of books that wont be submitted anymore because of the return. But that just means price increase on available copies.